Location: SUNY Downstate Student Center, 394 Lenox Rd, Room 2-24. (street level). eMail: Bookstore@downstate.edu Phone: 718-270-2486 Hours:
Mondays and Thurs: Open 9:30am to 6pm, except holidays
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: Open 9:30am to 5pm, except holidays
Operated by the Faculty Student Association, we are the only medical bookstore dedicated solely to serving our students and health professionals in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and lower Manhattan!
Top 10 Reasons why our University Bookstore is YOUR BEST place to shop
- Add in all the extra’s (shipping, taxes, etc..) charged by online retailers and other medical bookstores and you’ll agree with surveys taken - that on average we are 5% to 7% cheaper than other medical bookstores and on-line retailers.
- Save on New textbooks- ALL textbooks are discounted by 4% from the publisher’s suggested retail price.
- Save more: Buy a Used Book (when available), or buy New then Sell Back under the BUYBACK PROGRAM at end of the course-most often the greatest savings/ value!
- Save on Sales Tax: No 8.875% NYC Sales Tax on required textbooks.
- Loyalty Rewards. For every $250.00 spent on books, you’ll get a $5. Bookstore Gift Card for your future purchases.
- Friendly and convenient RETURN POLICY and Payment Methods: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, Cash and Checks. Parents can even open a Bookstore Charge account for one less hassle for the student!
- Convenient Store Hours: We’re right here on campus with evening hours on Mondays & Thursdays.
- Shopping convenience available by telephone or eMail on many items for distant relatives and friends too! Just call or e-mail us: Bookstore@downstate.edu
- Special orders: Gladly taken at no additional charge; often available next business day.
- Support Your Campus! We are owned & operated by the campus Faculty Student Association; any/ all net proceeds are reinvested in THIS campus!
We also accept Cash Payments for MONTHLY parkers
All MONTHLY parkers at all Parking lots MUST establish their online Customer Parking Portal account. MONTHLY Parkers who chose to not make online eCheck or credit payments, can make CASH payments at the Bookstore. More detail:
BuyBack Program for Textbooks
We buy back unwanted textbooks for cash at anytime. The University Bookstore offers a very fair market value up to 40% from the publisher list price. Textbooks must be a current edition in good physical condition. Publishers with planned new edition being released does factor into the buyback price. The best value (lowest net cost) option for students is often to purchase a textbook then sell back after the course... Our Downstate course booklists shows the net student cost calculations.
FSA Bookstore's Green Initiatives
- Available NOW - 'Go Green Forever' Stamps! Make a positive impact on the environment while savings on future USPS (United States Postal Service) rate increases! These stamps will be valid even when USPS postal rates increase. (more detail)
- We sell only RECYCLED Paper (by ream).
- We buyback your used textbooks so they can be recycled to other students at less than new textbook costs.
- We offer USED TEXTBOOKS (as available) to provide more savings.