Steps for Use:
- Choose Save to the Local Computer.
- Unzip to the Local Computer. (If your computer doesn't download to the desktop, drag the icon from "Downloads" to the desktop to perform this step).
- Click on the EndNote installer.
- Double-click on the icon to install the program and follow the instructions of the Installer Wizard.
NOTE: To use EndNote, you must first install it on your computer. If you attempt to run the program without installing it, you will be prompted for a key code.
NOTE: You may not install EndNote for use on any computer in the Library. If you want to
use EndNote in the Library, use MYEndnote Web through Web of Knowledge on the Information
Resources Page. You will have to register to use this feature.
* What may be useful is to RIGHT-click on the zipped file in order to unzip it. You will see a folder on your desktop labeled "EndNote X5". In that will be another folder labeled "EndNote X3". Within that will be the ENX5Iinst.msi file that you need to unzip in order to install.
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86-bit or x64-bit procesor
- 600 MB hard disk space available
- Minimum 2 GB of available RAM
- macOS 10.10 and above
NOTE: If you have macOS Catalina (10.15), you must use EndNote X9. Earlier versions will no longer work iwth macOS Catalina.
- Intel-based Macintosh
- Hard disk with 700 MB available
- Minimum 2GB of available RAM
In order to use EndNote's Online Search feature for searching online databases, an Internet connection is required.
To use the Open Link command to access a website, you also need a Web browser installed.
Proxy login is required for the installation off campus.
- EndNote Training on YouTube
- EndNote 20 Quick Reference Guides
- Little EndNote How-To Book (X9)
- EndNote X9 Quick Reference Guide: Windows
- EndNote X9 Quick Reference Guide: MacO
- EndNote X8 Quick Reference Guide for Windows
- EndNote X8 Quick Reference Guide for Mac
- EndNote FAQs (Thomson Reuters)
- EndNote Training (Thomson Reuters)
- EndNote (Downstate Health Sciences University)