Faculty Governance (2023-2024)
- Presiding Officer: T’Shura Brown, OTD, OTR/L, BCCS
- Presiding Officer Elect: Puneet Dhaliwal, PT, DPT, MA, CEEAA
- Secretary: Natasha Roberts, BA, MA, MBA
Committee on Faculty and Professional Staff Members:
- Adiebonye Jumbo, PhD, ITIL - Health Informatics Program Representative
- Loraine Antoine, PT, DPT, PhD - Physical Therapy Program Representative
- Alithia Alleyne - Occupational Therapy Program Representative
- Edison Ruiz MSB, PA-C - Physician Assistant Program Representative
- To be Determined - Midwifery Education Program Representative
In keeping with the policies of the Board of Trustees of the State University of New York the members of the Faculty and Professional Staff of the School of Health Professions do hereby enact these By-Laws for the purpose of establishing and designating the policies and procedures necessary for the definition and execution of its duties and responsibilities.
SOHP Student Council for 2023-2024
- Matthew Zaharenios, President, student in the Physical Therapy Program
- Marion Dela Pena, Vice President, student in the Occupational Therapy Program
- Johnnathan Martinez, Treasurer, student in the Physical Therapy Program
- Jusmine Gabrielle Soriano, Secretary, student in the Physical Therapy Program
SOHP Council undertakes and supports projects and activities that are in the general interest of the SOHP student body. This is achieved by interacting with other student organizations such as the University Council. The Council assists students in attending professional conferences, oversees clubs within SOHP and sponsors a variety of events to benefit all SoHP students.
SOHP Council Constitutional Bylaws can be found here.
Academic and Professional Qualification (CAPQ)
The functions of this committee include: (1) reviewing credentials for continuing appointments and/or promotion; (2) reviewing credentials of faculty who are proposed for promotion; (3) developing criteria for qualifications for each rank and for achieving tenure in accordance with the Policies of the Board of Trustees of SUNY.
- Chair: Yosefa Pessin and Mohammad Faysel
- Members: Jasmin Thomas, Ronnie Lichtman, Jennifery Otey, Joanne Katz, Mohammad Faysel, Yosefa Pessin