Residency Training Program in General Pediatrics
Compensation & Benefits
Annual Base Salary 2019-2020
KCHC pay scale
- PGY - 1 $61,699
- PGY - 2 $64,221
- PGY - 3 $69,323
- PGY - 4 $71,724
(Depending on payroll source other allowances, differentials and benefits may apply)
Four weeks paid vacation leave per year
Appointed to the State University of New York as Clinical Assistant Instructor
Insurance and Benefits
- Professional liability and malpractice coverage provided through the New York City
- Corporation Council and/or the New York State Public Officers Law (Attorney General's office)
- Corporation Council and the New York State Attorney General
- Dental Benefits
- Comprehensive Health Insurance plus Major Medical (family coverage available)
- Optical Benefits
- Outpatient Psychiatric Benefits
- Term Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Benefits
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance (optional)
- Smoking Cessation Benefit
- Supplemental Obstetrical Benefits
- Legal Services Benefit (optional)
- Supplemental Major Medical Insurance
- Social Work Assistance Benefit
- Newborn Nursery Care Benefit
- Childbirth Education Benefit
- Sick leave allowance
- Maternity/Disability Leave
Additional Services and Fringe Benefits
- Department Social Activities Fund.
- Conference Expense Reimbursement Benefit during final year.
- Annual Education Stipend (KCH) or Professional Development Grant (SUNY) eligibility.
- BLS/PALS/NALS courses and materials provided free during orientation and available as necessary at other times.
- American Board of Pediatrics in-service examination provided free annually.
- Parking avaiable on hospital grounds (nominal monthly fee).
- Student and Employee Health Service.
- On-campus Student Center facilities (including gym, pool, sauna, weight room, tennis courts, racketball courts) and theater ticket service available (very modest fee).
- On-campus banking facility.
- Health Science Center/Kings County Medical Society Medical Library and research facilities (including interlibrary loan, computing center, audiovisual reference library) and on-line resources including full text journals, texts, web-based courses, MD-Consult and Up-to-Date.
- Downstate Outlook e-mail and PRIME accounts.
- Access to institutional and hospital-wide educational activities and conferences.