Full Year Student Research Scholarship
Since 2002, the Alumni Fund of the Alumni Association-College of Medicine has been offering a scholarship to support full-time research for a medical student.
This scholarship provides up to $36,000 for a student(s) to conduct full-time research for one academic year.
The Alumni Association of SUNY-Downstate Medical College offers funds to support one or more medical students who are planning a year of full-time research during the academic year 2023-2024. Student applicants must have completed at least one year of matriculation by July 1, 2021. Priority is given to projects that are planned to occur at SUNY-Downstate or an affiliate, but all applications will be carefully reviewed. An application form is attached. You can also pick up the application form from the Alumni Association Office Rm BSB 1-6.
Applications for the Alumni Fund Research Grant need to include the following:
- completed application form
Download the form here (Word)
- original copy of a transcript of medical school record
- description of research project
- letter from the research sponsor endorsing the proposed study and offering to support the research project, and a letter from the faculty advisor, if applicable, about the research project.
- [The research sponsor is the laboratory director where the project will be done. That may be the same person as the faculty advisor. However, for off-campus projects at another university or research center, a SUNY Downstate faculty advisor is also required.]
A report to the Alumni Fund, including copies of publications, is to be made mid-year, and at the conclusion of the scholarship year.
Please contact Richard.email@example.com if you need guidance.