Downstate Card FAQ

Is my social security number on my card?

Your SS# has been replaced with a DMC-issued Universal ID#, a unique16-digit number, it is the number that appears at the bottom left of your card. Your personal information is securely encoded and stored in a secured campus database computer and not on your card.

I lost my card, or had my card stolen or damaged; What do I do?

Immediately report the loss of your ID to the DownstateCard hotline at 718-270-4600 to invalidate your card. Then come to the DownstateCard office to receive a replacement card. There is a $20.00 fee for replacement.

Does my new card has the same number as old card?

NO. For your own protection your old card will be cancelled and you will be issued a new number. Once you receive your new card you need to notify the following:

  • Residence Halls: If you reside at 440 Lenox, 811NYA or 825NYA inform the Residential Life & Services Department to update your record.
  • Library: On your next visit, advise the Library that you have a new library number.