Application Fees and Deposits
All applicants must pay a non-refundable Application fee of $50 for undergraduate programs (Physical Therapy, & Diagnostic Medical Imaging, Undergraduate Nursing programs) and $75 for graduate programs (Occupational Therapy, Physician Assistant, Midwifery, Graduate Nursing programs,and Medical Informatics).
If accepted, the deposit for both the undergraduate programs and the graduate programs is $150. The admission deposit will be credited toward your first semester tuition bill.
After Admission, but prior to enrollment, students must also complete a Criminal Background Check. The cost for this is $145.
Paying by Credit Card
Go to your SUNY Downstate applicant checklist and you will find the URL for credit card payment (Visa or Mastercard), including outside of the USA credit card payments.
Paying by Check
If you are paying by check or money order, make your check payable to “SUNY Downstate” and submit it with your Application.
Policy on Refund of Admissions Deposits
The following is the policy for requesting a refund of the Pre-Admission Deposit for all programs in the School of Health Professions and the College of Nursing:
- For students admitted into programs with a summer start date (usually first week of June) the pre-admission deposit is refundable if requested no later than April 1st.
- For students admitted into programs with a fall start date (usually first of September) the pre-admission deposit is refundable if requested no later than May 1st.
- If a student is notified of their acceptance after the dates listed above, they may request a refund within 30 days of the date of their acceptance, but no later than the first day of classes for the term in which they were admitted.
- Students who are accepted but who do not complete the conditions listed in their acceptance letter are eligible to request a refund of the pre-admission deposit within 30 days of being notified they no longer meet the requirements for acceptance.
- Students who withdraw to enter military service are eligible for a refund of the pre-admission deposit at any time.
All refunds requests must be in writing and submitted to the Admissions Office at SUNY Downstate.