General Visitation Rules
Allowed Visitors (Must be 12 years or older)
FULLY vaccinated and must show proof of vaccine or a negative COVID test within 72 hours from an official testing site
- Allowed visitors may not convene in any waiting space or communal area inside the
hospital. They must remain inside the clinics/suites or at the patient’s bedside.
- Allowed Visitors must remain at the patient’s bedside throughout the visit unless
directed by the clinical team to step out of the room and/or for infection control reasons.
No visitation for COVID-19 patients with the exception of End of Life Situations
with special accommodation from the medical team.
Adult inpatients may have one visitor at a time for 4 hours between the hours of 12pm – 8pm
Adults with special needs/intellectual or developmental disabilities may have one visitor at a time.
Special consideration will be made for the hours with medical team
Patients at the end-of-life will be permitted to have one visitor at a time, with the ability to swap or exchange visitors at specified intervals. Special consideration will be made for the hours
Pediatric patients (< than 18 years old) are permitted 24-hour visitation for one parent/guardian/support person at a time
NICU patients are permitted visitation by one parent/guardian between 12pm – 7:30pm
Obstetrics patients one support person and a doula are permitted during the antepartum, labor and delivery, and postpartum periods.
Ambulatory Surgery/Procedure pediatric patients are permitted to have one parent/guardian
— If the adult patient has intellectual/developmental disabilities, one support person will be permitted
Emergency Department Adults may only have one visitor for a maximum of 20 minutes
— Exceptions are for adult patients with intellectual/developmental disabilities, who require special
— Pediatric patients are permitted one parent/guardian present during the duration of the pediatric visit
Outpatient Clinics permitted No visitors with the exception of one parent/support person for pediatric and adults patients with intellectual/development disabilities or functional/cognitive impairment
Screening Locations for allowed visitors
- Fully Vaccinated or COVID negative visitors for inpatients or ambulatory surgery
will be screened at 445 Lenox Road
- Outpatient Clinic patients with a scheduled appointment must enter with their allowed visitor through the 470 Clarkson Avenue entrance, where they will be screened
Potential risks and benefits of the visitor’s presence:
- We are dedicated to the safety of patients, staff, and visitors
- We recognize the role loved ones play in the process of illness and recovery, but visitation is strongly discouraged from visiting patients who are at high risk for severe illness from COVID-19, including older adults, or those with an underlying medical condition
- Visitation poses a risk to the health of the visitor and we urge you to consider visitation by phone or Facetime/video
EVERYONE WILL BE SCREENED BEFORE ENTERING THE HOSPITAL
- Sanitize Hands
- Maintain Social Distance
- Wear a Face Covering or Mask
- Get Vaccinated