SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Office of Development & Philanthropy
SUNY Downstate Medical Center continues to lead...
Leading in urban health care, medical training, and scientific research.
We ask for your support in our ongoing quest to nurture the Brooklyn community and
improve the health of people around the world.
You Have the Power To Help Shape Our Future
Celebrating 150 Years of Research, Education, and Patient Care
Each year at SUNY Downstate we train approximately 1,500 young men and women to become compassionate and highly competent physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, and biomedical researchers. By contributing to Downstate you will have a direct impact on the training of healthcare professionals. In addition, starting in 2002 SUNY Downstate extended its commitment to the education and welfare of the community through its new Masters in Public Health program.
Biomedical research is a growth industry at SUNY Downstate. Building on milestones in magnetic imaging, dialysis, microsurgery, pharmacology and HIV research, we continue to pave the way for new discoveries. The new 50,000 sq.ft. Advanced Biotechnology Incubator will provide an unprecedented opportunity to combine our existing research expertise with that of both start-up and mature biotechnology firms.
It is impossible to over estimate SUNY Downstate's impact on the local community.
- We serve a neighborhood of approximately 630,000 Brooklyn residents.
- We have an average of 14,000 inpatients per year, while our hospital-based clinics and satellite facilities treat over a quarter of a million.
- Free screenings and work with high school students, neighborhood groups, shelters, and the elderly bring many thousands more under our wing.
- We have Brooklyn's only kidney transplant center and its only pediatric dialysis program.
- Special programs reach out directly to children - both inside the hospital and out in the larger community.
- SUNY Downstate returns over $1 billion per year to the Brooklyn economy.
In order to target your donation to an area that you are most interested in, review the specific Funds and Endowments before you donate.
When you're ready, you can Give Online or donate by check.
To donate by check please make your check out to the HSCB Foundation, Inc. with the specific fund name and/or number only in the "for" or "memo" section and mail your check to:
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
450 Clarkson Ave., MSC 93
Brooklyn, NY 11203
Attn: Department of Philanthropy
Your generous support is greatly appreciated.
For questions contact 718-270-8850