SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
- Our DNP program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education as of April 12, 2021. All Standards are met, no compliance concerns, and no further reporting is required. As this was an initial accreditation, the term is for 5 years through April 12, 2026.
- State University of New York (SUNY) Downstate Health Sciences University is accredited
by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Telephone: (267) 284-5000.
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University, College of Nursing
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master's degree program in nursing, and
the post-graduate APRN certificate program at Downstate Health Sciences University
is accredited by the
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
655 K Street NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
- In 2015, the baccalaureate degree, master’s degree, and post -graduate APRN programs received re-accreditation by CCNE for the maximum period of ten years (2015-2025). The baccalaureate and master’s degree programs were initially accredited in 2005 by CCNE for the maximum period of ten years (2005-2015).
- Prior to the programs’ accreditation by CCNE, the baccalaureate degree program was initially accredited in 1969 and was continuously re-accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) through 2005. The master’s degree program was initially accredited in 1989 and continuously re-accredited by ACEN (formerly NLNAC) through 2005.
All of SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University, College of Nursing's programs are approved and registered through the New York State Education Department's Office of the Professions.