Prevent yourself from coming in contact with the BLOOD and other potentially infectious material (OPIM) of ALL patients by using the correct personal protective equipment (PPE).
Personal Protective Equipment
- Wash Hands: after glove removal & before patient care
- Wear Gloves: if blood or OPIM contact with hands is likely
- Wear Gowns: if blood or OPIM contact with clothing is likely
- Wear Goggles & Masks: if blood or OPIM splashing is likely
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Guide
- Sharps container for sharps — anything that can cut, puncture or lacerate
- Red Bags for OPIM
Don’t touch anything with gloves that others will touch without gloves!