An academic transcript is a complete record of all the credit-bearing coursework you attempted or completed at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University.
An academic transcript is considered official only if it is printed on security paper with the signature of the Registrar and delivered to the final recipient in a sealed envelope or transmitted electronically through our secure service.
It is the policy of SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University not to release an official transcript to a student unless the name and address of the final recipient are indicated on the transcript and the transcript is enclosed in a sealed envelope marked "released to student". Once the envelope is opened, the transcript is considered unofficial. Official transcripts can also be released to students through our secure service.
As of April 2020, SUNY Downstate moved to an electronic request for transcripts. Your SUNY Downstate transcript request is securely linked to the TranscriptsPlus System hosted by Credentials, Inc. Credentials, Inc. is the vendor SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University has contracted with to provide transcript and Licensure requests through an encrypted and secure service. You can order a transcript online anytime from virtually anywhere.
Transcript orders are free. However, Licensure requests, overnight mailing and special handling have an accompanying cost (see below).
If you are making an licensure request, please make sure to upload your Licensure form so that your order can be completed.
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University does not accept transcript requests made via email, fax or phone call. You must make your request using TranscriptsPlus.
If you are applying to the AAMC ERAS or VSLO (VSAS) systems, use our Request Form.
If you graduated from the School of Graduate Studies, you will not place your orders through TranscriptsPlus. Please refer to this page for instructions:
If you are a graduate from LICH School of Nursing, you may request a transcript by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ordering Information for Current Students
You may order your transcript from your myDownstate account
- Click on the "Student"
- Click on "Student Information"
- Click "Order Official Transcript"
Ordering Information for Alumni/Former Students
Alumni will order transcripts through TrasncriptsPlus by clicking on the button above. If the Icon link above does not work, copy and paste this link: https://www.credentials-inc.com/tplus/?ALUMTRO002839
Check the status of my order
Benefits and key features of ordering your transcript online include:
- 24/7/365 Access — you may submit your request from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Electronic signature and automatic authorization release
- Faster Service — Your transcript may be mailed as early as one business day after submitting your transcript request. AND, if you select to have your transcript sent electronically through their secure network, your transcript may be sent and received by your intended recipient within minutes of your request
- Easy Address Look-up and Verification — the online order form has a search feature for many colleges and universities AND also allows you to verify the recipient’s address against the USPS database of valid US addresses
- PDF Transcripts — SUNY Downstate is now offering official PDF transcripts. Students/alumni can send PDF transcripts to any valid email address (another college or university, third-party recipient, or themselves)
- Check the status of your order
- Status Updates — You can elect to receive texts or emails indicating the status of your order – from the receipt of the order to when your transcript has been sent
- You can still elect to pick up your transcript in person in the Office of the Registrar
- For customer service, please contact Credentials, Inc. at (847) 716-3005.
Express Delivery Options
SUNY Downstate will send your transcript by express delivery if you choose this delivery method in your online order and include payment to cover the additional postage fees. Next Day Delivery Through FedEx:
- Within the Continental United States — $20.00
- Alaska and Hawaii — $23.00
- International deliveries — $43.00
- Fees are in addition to the Licensure fee of $15 each. Any FedEX orders received after 3:00 pm are processed on the following business day.