Charitable Meals, Donation Designations
Over the last few weeks, SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University has experienced an outpouring of support and charitable gifts. While we’re filled with gratitude and appreciate the collective generosity from our good neighbors here in Brooklyn, in the city and throughout the country, we must advise that in the interest of public health and safety of our personnel, we are currently NOT accepting food donations at our campus unless food donation is from recognized restaurants or vendors used prior to this pandemic. Please email Jelanie.Deshong@downstate.edu to vet and coordinate food donations moving forward.
For those of you who wish to support Downstate’s Healthcare Heroes, please consider giving via SUNY Downstate’s online giving portal at Giving.Downstate.edu where you can select from a number of Downstate-sponsored COVID-19 Relief Funds including:
- Fund 4606 – Food & Nutrition Donation Fund
- Fund 4615 – COVID 19 General Fund
- Fund 2494 – COVID 19 Pathology
- Fund 4605 – COVID 19 Internal Medicine
- Fund 4610 – COVID 19 Emergency Department
An Acknowledgement Letter for tax purposes will be issued for donations received through the Health Science Center at Brooklyn Foundation.
Donations for the following should be addressed to:
- Cash Donations: Giving.Downstate.edu
- Food Donations Jelanie.Deshong@downstate.edu
- Medical Supplies and Equipment: firstname.lastname@example.org