Campus Construction Activity Updates
Week of 9-20-2021
- Project 141056 - Escalator Removal Project – BSB
Demolition at 7th Floor Existing Ceiling (Anticipated 09/20-09/23)
Anticipated 2nd Shift (5pm-1am Monday-Friday)
7th Floor Abatement: Anticipated Start of Work 09/24/21 2nd Shift
Escalator Demolition: Mobilization/Start of Work Target 10/04/21-2nd Shift
- Project 14XB40 HSEB Roof Replacement
Turnover of Staging Area at Lenox (34th to New York Avenue) – Completed 09/16
Progress Roof Replacement at Main Roof/Bulkhead Roofs-Punchlist Items
Progress Roof Replacement at Roof I-Lenox (5pm Starts, Require AC Shutdown)
*Anticipated Extended Shifts & 2nd Shift (5p-1a M-F)
Upcoming Final Phase Logistics: 1st Floor Canopy Roof (Pending MOP, Target 09/25-pending weather)
- Project # 1316/141031
Chiller work in the Penthouse. Duct cleaning in the OR suite. Cable pull in the 2nd floor OR suite, basement and subbasement areas. On roof doing cooling tower related work. Duct cleaning on the Penthouse Roof – 8th floor.
- 1447/141004 - Campus DAS Project
Running coax above the ceiling as well as installing antennas into the tiles on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors of the UHB.
- Excellent service to the Campus community
- Excellent stewardship of the campus environment
- Professional and effective communication
- High standards for professional and personal accountability
- Sustainable development and management of campus resources
- Develop methods for campus communications on facilities projects and deferred maintenance problems and issues.
- Enhance tools to track, measure and report on facilities management for this Campus.
- Improve the project delivery system within Design and Construction Unit and associated support services.
- Enhance the safety of the Plant Utility area, staff properly per regulations, reducing staff burnout.
- Define proper facilities staffing for an institution of this size complexity and niche service ( peer institutions and assoc.)
- Ensure staff are properly trained, have tools, equipment and operating systems to perform work efficiently and effectively to meet the mission and goals of the Campus