Andrea Hui, MD, FAAD, FASDS
- Medical school: University of Illinois
- Residency: Dermatology, State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine
- Fellowship: Procedural Dermatology, State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine
- Certifications: Board Certified in Dermatology
Dr. Andrea Hui is a board-certified dermatologist and a fellowship-trained dermatologic surgeon, Dr. Hui is an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancers, Mohs micrographic surgery, and reconstructive surgery. She has also received years of extensive training in cosmetic dermatology, including neuromodulators, fillers, hair restoration, and lasers.
Dr. Hui was born and raised in Chicago. She completed her medical training at University of Illinois, graduating at the top of her class as a recipient of the Alpha Omega Alpha award. After finishing her medicine internship at University of Chicago-Evanston Hospital, she moved to New York City to complete her dermatology residency at SUNY Downstate, serving as chief resident. Dr. Hui then received further training in Mohs surgery and cosmetic dermatology in a procedural fellowship at SUNY Downstate with the past president of the American Academy of Dermatology, Dr. Daniel Siegel. Dr. Hui has trained extensively in cosmetic dermatology with a focus on injectables with many well-known dermatologists, including Dr. Susan Weinkle, Dr. Mary Lupo, Dr. Heidi Waldorf, and Dr. Vic Narurkar. Dr. Hui has authored over 20 papers and book chapters, with a special focus on acne and integrative medicine. She is dedicated to helping her patients achieve and maintain beautiful skin through education and a personalized skincare plan.
As a child, Dr. Hui developed a love for art and music. She spent her time drawing and studying the human form, practicing proportions, lines, and the play of shadows and light. Dr. Hui is an avid photographer who strives to capture beauty through her lens. She believes photography is especially important to help patients follow their aesthetic progress through time. As an accomplished concert pianist, Dr. Hui also brings a unique artistic touch to surgical and cosmetic dermatology. She owes much of her surgical and aesthetic skills to her continued passion and practice of the arts.
In her spare time, Dr. Hui enjoys spending time with her her family and friends. She also enjoys fitness and traveling.
Dr. Hui is now working at a private practice in the Bay Area in California; she will be returning to SUNY Downstate regularly to teach Mohs surgery and cosmetic dermatology as the Assistant Director of Cosmetics.
- Hui AM, Al Dabagh B, Weinkle S. Combination treatments with NASHA Fillers and Neuromodulators. In Sheth R (Ed.), Botulinum Toxin in Dermatology. Forthcoming 2014.
- Al Dabagh A, Hui AM, Al Dabagh B, Jagdeo J. Vitiligo (Repigmentation Agents). In Sivamani, Jagdeo, Elsner, Maibach (Eds.), Cosmeceuticals and Active Cosmetics, 3rd edition. Forthcoming 2014.
- Hui AM, Al Dabagh B, Jagdeo J. Topical Niacinamide. In Sivamani, Jagdeo, Elsner, Maibach (Eds.), Cosmeceuticals and Active Cosmetics, 3rd edition. Forthcoming 2014.
- Hui AM, Rupani R, Jagdeo J, Brody N. Topical Caffeine. In Sivamani, Jagdeo, Elsner, Maibach (Eds.), Cosmeceuticals and Active Cosmetics, 3rd edition. Forthcoming 2014.
- Hui AM, Jagdeo J, Brody N. Topical Resveratrol. In Sivamani, Jagdeo, Elsner, Maibach (Eds.), Cosmeceuticals and Active Cosmetics, 3rd edition. Forthcoming 2014.
- Siegel DM, Hui AM, Brody NM. Digital Imaging in Dermatologic Surgery. In Avram MR, Avram M, Ratner D (Eds.), Procedural Dermatology. New York: McGraw-Hill Medical. Forthcoming 2013.
- Siegel DM, Hui AM. Topical Botanicals and the Skin. In Weil A (Ed.), Integrative Dermatology. Oxford University Press. Forthcoming 2013.
- Burris K, Hui AM, Akingboye A. Skin-Influencing Factors in Daily Life. In Weil A (Ed.), Integrative Dermatology. Oxford University Press. Forthcoming 2013.
- Hui AM, Khachemoune A. "What are these crusted lesions on sun-exposed areas? A case report on hydroa vacciniforme-like lymphoma." The Dermatologist Derm Dx. 2014;22(3):47-50.
- Hui AM, Markowitz O. Ingenol mebutate for the treatment of actinic keratosis. Current Dermatology Reports. 2013;2(3):172-176.