Sharon A. Glick, MD, FAAD, FAAP
- Medical school: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Residency: Dermatology, Yale New Haven Hospital; Pediatrics, Yale New Haven Hospital
- Certifications: Board Certified in Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology
Sharon A. Glick, MD, is an Associate Clinical Professor of Dermatology and Pediatrics at the State University of New York (SUNY) Downstate Medical Center at Brooklyn, NY. She is also Director of Pediatric Dermatology at SUNY Downstate, Kings County Hospital Center and Maimonides Medical Center, all in Brooklyn. Dr. Glick is Residency Program Director at SUNY Downstate as well as Director of the Pediatric Dermatology Research Fellowship. She is a board-certified dermatologist and pediatric dermatologist, and a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the Society for Pediatric Dermatology. Dr. Glick received her MD from Albert Einstein College of Medicine and completed residencies in dermatology and pediatrics at Yale New Haven Hospital. Prior to medical school, she earned an MS degree in human genetics from Sarah Lawrence College. Her clinical and research interests include infantile hemangiomas, acne, polycystic ovarian syndrome, atopic dermatitis and the genodermatoses. She recently completed being the Principal Investigator for a prospective international clinical trial of the use of propranolol for the treatment of infantile hemangiomas. She is the author of numerous peer-reviewed articles. She currently serves on the Ethics Committee for The Woman's Dermatologic Society. Dr. Glick is a recipient of the SUNY Chancellors Award for Excellence in Teaching and was the first recipient of the SUNY Resident's Alumni Society Award for Excellence in Graduate Medical Education.
- Clark CM, Rudolph J, Gerber DA, Glick S, Shalita AR, Lowenstein E. The dermatologic manifestation of hyperandrogenism: A retrospective chart review. SkinMed 2014;12:84 - 88.
- Castano E, Glick S, Mcmahon C, Naeem R, Elston D, Jacobsson M. Clinicopathological study of children with hypopigmented mycosis fungoides with focus on long-term outcomes. J Clinical Pathol 2013;40 : 924-934.
- Serravallo M, Jagdeo, J, Glick, SA, Siegel DM, Brody NI. Sirtuins in Dermatology: Applications for Future Research and Therapeutics. Arch Dermatol Res 2013.
- Papantoniou K, Sulis ML, Glick SA. Vesicopustular Eruption in a Newborn. Pediatr Ann 2012 41: 186-188.
- Reddy K, Kogan S, Glick SA. Procedures and drugs and in pediatric dermatology: Iatrogenic risks and situations of concern. Clinics in Dermatology 2011; 29 : 633 - 643.
- Bowe WP, Glick S, Shalita AR. Medical Management of Skin Disease : Recent Advances and Future Directions. J of Drugs in Dermatol 2011;10: 28-29.
- Luu M, Cantatore J, Glick SA. Prenatal Diagnosis of Genodermatoses: Current Scope and Future Capabilities. International Journal of Dermatology 2010; 49:353-361.
- Lee K, Lavianlivi S, Glick SA. Sweating Nodule on the Finger. Pediatr Dermatol 2010; 27: 93-94.
- Siamas K, Glick SA. What's Your Diagnosis? Infantile Myofibromatosis. Consultant for Pediatricians 2009; 8: 367-368.
- Mahindra P, Guillen C, Glick SA. A 5-year-old Girl with Scarring. Pediatr Ann 2009;38 (7): 359 - 60, 362 - 64.