Agnieszka Gliwa, MD
Fellowship Program Director
- Positions held:
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital 2003-2009
- Endocrinology, New York University, New York, NY 2001-2003
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 1998-2001
- Medical School:
- Jagiellonski University, Krakow, Poland 1991-1996
"What are the focal findings in patience with autoimmune thyroid disease?" NYU School of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, July 2002-July 2003
"Control of cardiovascular risk factors in patients with diabetes and hypertension at urban medical centers."
State University of New York, Division of Endocrinology, July 2000-September 2000.
"European thyromobile campaign"
Jagiellonski University , Division of Endocrinology, April 1997
- R. Pryam, G. Mahajan, A. Gliwa. "Primary hyperparathyroidism: Skeletal and non-skeletal effects, diagnosis and management." Maturitas, 2011 Nov; 70(3):246-55
- D. Wallace, A. Gliwa. "Hyperthyrodism chapter" E-Medicine 2008 March.
- SI McFarlane, H. von Gizycki, M. Manieram, Y Gebreegziabher, A. Gliwa, JR Sowers. "Alcohol Consumption and blood pressure in Adult US population: Assessment of Sex and Race related effects." J. Hypertens. 2007 May; 25(5):965-70.
- SI McFarlane, A. Gliwa, C Bubb, J. Nicasio, Y,Gebreegziabher, M. Deshmokh, J. Shatzkes, F. El-Atat & D. Mellish. "Predictors of sliding scale insulin use by housestaff in the management of hospitalized patients with diabetes mellitus." Therapy, 2006 Vol 3, No. 3.
- SI McFarlane, SJ Jacouber, JP Castro, A. Wui, A. Gliwa, J. Kaur, D. Chugh, JR Sowers. "Control of Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Diabetes at Urban Academic Medical Centers." Diabetes Care 25(4): April 2002, 718-723
- SI McFarlane and A. Gliwa. "Estenosis de la arteria renal: Diagnostico y retos terapeuticos Year Book in Hypertension (Spanish), Chapter 8 pages 189-206. Atlas Medical Publishing, Ltd, London, UK.
- S. Narsyana, A. Gliwa. :Medical Management of Pheochromocytoma in a Pregnant Patient with MEN2A." Endocrine Society, Annual Meeting, Boston, June 4-7, 2011.
- S. Narayana, A. Gliwa. "Acute Myeloid LeukemiaAssociated in Patient with Diabetes Insipidus, Central Hypothyroidism and Hypogonadism." Endocrine Society, Annual Meeting, Boston June 4-7, 2011
- B. Iyer, A. Gliwa, "Successful Remission of Type B Insulin Resistance with Immunosuppressive Therapy." AACE, Annual Meeting, Boston April 20-25, 2010.
- A. Gliwa, P. Terry: "A multidisciplinary Protocol Specifying a basal/Bolus Subcutaneous Insulin in Transplant Unit". AACE, Annual Meeting, Boston April 20-25, 2010
- L. Marksman, A Gliwa: "Spontaneous Resolution of Type B Insulin Resistance Syndrome in a Post-partum Woman with Unspecified Connective Tissue Disease" AACE, Annual Meeting, Houston April 20, 2009
- S. Alfaro, M. Banerji, S. Boateng, L. Cohen, S. Dham, A. Gliwa, R. Hewitt, S. Hirsch, L. Jeu, J. McDonald. "Inpatient Glycemic Control Initiatives: Strategies for Change "12th Annual Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice Conference. June 20, 2008.
- O. Murad, A. Gliwa, A Khalfin, S. Quyyumi, J. Rothman. :Subclinical Cushing's Syndrome Secondary to Adrenal Metastasis." American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) 15th Annual Meeting and Clinical Congress, Chicago, IL, April 26-30, 2006