Student On-Line Registration
School of Health Professions (SOHP), Nursing & Public Health Students
On-line registration will open for the Summer 2022 semesters:
- DMI, Medical Info., OT, PA, PT Grad Nursing, DNP, RNBS: Tues. April 26– Wed June 8, 2022
- Midwifery, Nurse Midwifery, Accel Nuring: Tues. May 17- June 8, 2022
- Public Health: Tues May 17- June 20, 2022
You will register using myDownstate, our Student Information System. Once there, click on BANNER SELF SERVICE.
You will need the following information:
- User Name: Your NetID
- Password: Use your NetID password.
How do I know which courses to register for?
You should contact your program if you have questions about fulfilling your degree requirements.
|Department Name||Phone Number|
|Diagnostic Medical Imaging||(718) 270-7760|
|Medical Informatics||(718) 270-7770|
|Occupational Therapy||(718) 270-7730|
|Physician Assistant||(718) 270-2325|
|Physical Therapy||(718) 270-7720|
|Undergraduate & Graduate Nursing||(718) 270-7600|
What if I have a Hold?
A Hold on your student account may prevent you from completing registration.
You may check your account for holds through myDownstate Self-Service.
If you have additional registration questions you may:
- Visit the Registrar’s Office (Get Hours). Registrar staff will review how to use the Banner system and assist you with registering for classes.
- E-mail the Banner Helpdesk at email@example.com. Please be specific regarding your question and the best way to reach you, and we will respond.
- Call the Banner Hotline at (718) 270-4795 (Mon–Fri, 9am–5pm). Please note that all issues may not be resolved immediately, and we may need to take your information and call you back.
Ready to register?
- If you have no more questions, have faculty advisement and are ready to register, continue to myDownstate and select Banner Self-Service.
- Enter your user name and password
- If prompted read and check the "I Agree" box for the on-line Registration Agreement and click the "Submit" button.
- Once on the Main Menu on Banner Self-Service. Click on link that states “Student”
- Click on the link that states “Registration”
- Click “Look up Course/View Another Term”
- If a box with a down arrow pops up choose the correct term
- Search for classes by subject and click "Course Search"
- Click on “view section”
- Click on the check box of the course you would like to register into.
- Click “Register”
Please note that you will have to repeat these steps for each course.
- After registration, you must clear your account with the Bursar's Office. All students must clear their Tuition Bill by the first day of classes in order to maintain registration.