Travel Directions to Major Clinical Affiliate Sites
KCH = Kings County Hospital
UH = University Hospital (SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University)
SI = Staten Island University Hospital
- 1335 Linden Blvd. at Rockaway Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11212
- By Bus: Church Ave. bus (B35) to East 98th Street; or B7 to Lenox Road & Hegeman Ave; or B10 bus to Hegeman Ave; or B17 bus to Church Ave and then the B35 to East 98th St.; or B11 to Church Ave and the B35; or B14 to Church Ave and then the B35; or the B46 to Church Ave and then the B35; or the B49 to Church Ave. and then the B35; or the B68 to Church Ave and then the B35; or the B78 to Lenox Rd. and Hegeman Ave.
- By subway or train: Long Island Railroad to Atlantic Ave. station. Take IRT subway (Flatbush line) to Church Ave. station and then take B35 bus to E. 98th street.
- Take Linden Blvd. east, cross Kings Highway and continue on Linden. The hospital is at the intersection of Linden and Rockaway Parkway.
- From Long Island: Southern State/Belt Parkway West. Exit at Pennsylvania Ave. and travel north to the tenth traffic light (Linden Blvd.). Turn left and travel about 2 miles to Hospital (right corner of Linden Blvd. and Rockaway Parkway).
- From Upper Manhattan & Bronx: Triborough Bridge to Grand Central Parkway and south to Van Wyck Expressway and Belt Parkway West. Then follow the same directions as from Long Island.
- From Lower Manhattan: Brooklyn Battery Tunnel to Gowanus Expressway to Belt Parkway. Exit at Pennsylvania Ave. and follow the directions above.
- Amboy Parking indoor parking facility ($5 daily - 3/93)
Coney Island Hospital
- 2601 Ocean Parkway and Avenue Z
Brooklyn, NY 11235
- By Bus: B35 at Church Ave. to Coney Island Ave. Transfer to B68 and take it to Coney Island Avenue and Avenue Z.
- Take Linden Blvd. to Caton Avenue. Continue on Caton to Coney Island Avenue; make left onto Coney Island Avenue. Turn right n Beverly Street, to Ocean Parkway. Turn left onto Ocean Parkway. Hospital is at Ocean Parkway and Avenue Z.
Lenox Hill Hospital
- 100 East 77th Street (between Park and Lexington Avenues)
New York, NY 10075
- From the Bronx or Westchester: Take Major Deegan Expressway (NYS Thruway) southbound to Triborough Bridge to Manhattan. Take FDR Drive southbound to 96th Street exit. Continue straight on York Avenue to 77th Street. Make a right turn onto 77th Street and continue to Lexington Avenue.
- From Brooklyn or Staten Island: Cross Brooklyn Bridge or go through Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. Take FDR Drive northbound to 61st Street exit. Continue westbound on 61st Street to Third Avenue. Make a right turn onto 77th Street and continue to Lexington Avenue.
- From Queens or Long Island: Cross Triborough Bridge. Take FDR Drive southbound to 96th Street exit. Continue straight on York Avenue to 77th Street. Make a right turn onto 77th Street and continue to Lexington Avenue. Or, take the Queens Midtown Tunnel westbound to Third Avenue. Make a right turn onto Third Avenue to 77th Street. Make a left turn onto 77th Street and continue to Lexington Avenue.
- By Subway: #6 Train (either direction) to E. 77th Street.
Lutheran Medical Center
- 150 55th Street,
Brooklyn, NY 11220
- By Bus: Take Nostrand Ave. bus #44 to Glenwood Rd. Change for the #11 bus. This will take you directly to Lutheran.
- By Subway: #2 subway to Atlantic Avenue. Change for RR subway going south. Get off at 53rd street station. You will be on 4th Avenue and 53rd street. Walk to 55th street.
- Fort Hamilton Parkway to 37th Street. Bear right hugging the perimeter of Greenwood Cemetery. Continue on 36th street to 4th Avenue and make a left on 4th. Proceed on 4th to 55th street. Proceed on 4th to 55th Street. Make a right to 2nd Avenue. The front entrance is on 55th street between 1st and 2nd Avenue.
- 4802 Tenth Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11219
- By bus: Church Ave bus (B35 to 38th Street and 10 Avenue, then walk 10 small blocks; or Clarkson Ave bus (B12) to Ocean Ave. Transfer to B16 and take it to 13th Avenue and 49th; walk 3 large blocks to 10th Avenue. (Also accessible by B9, B11, B70 bus routes)
- By subway: IND "B" Avenue of the Americas (6th Ave) line. Take the "B" train to the Fort Hamilton Parkway and 45th Street stop. Walk south on Fort Hamilton Parkway to 48th street and turn right. Walk one block to 10th avenue.
- Linden Blvd. to Caton Ave. Stay on Caton which becomes Fort Hamilton Parkway. Got to 49th Street
and make right turn to 10th Avenue (1 block). The hospital is on 10th Avenue between
48-49th streets. Hospital parking is very scarce (hospital garage on 10th Avenue between
47th & 48th Streets except Mondays & Thursdays); some street parking is available.
- Recommend taking bus, or car pooling.
- From Manhattan: Brooklyn Battery Tunnel and exit onto Gowanus Expressway to Prospect Expressway (first left). Take exit for Fort Hamilton Parkway. Turn right onto Fort Hamilton Parkway and go to 49th Street. At 49th Street, turn right and go one block to 10th Avenue.
- From Long Island: Take the Southern State Parkway to the Belt Parkway. Exit at Bay 8th Street/14th Avenue. Go to first traffic light, turn left. Go one traffic light to 14th Avenue, turn right. Proceed to 49th Street, turn left. Go to 10th Avenue.
- From New Jersey via Staten Island: Verrazano Bridge and exit at Fort Hamilton Parkway. After exit ramp, bear to the right and take Fort Hamilton Parkway to 49th Street. Turn left and go one block to 10th Avenue.
Staten Island Hospital
- 475 Seaview Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10305
- Take Gowanus to Brooklyn Queens Expressway (I-278 West) to Verrazano Bridge. From the Verrazano Bridge, bear right to toll plaza; take first exit after toll which is the "South Beach" exit. Bear right onto Lily Pond Avenue, which becomes Father Capodano Blvd. Go straight until Seaview Ave., make right onto Seaview Avenue, go 1/3 mile down Seaview; hospital is located on your right. (about 10 minutes from the bridge)
- From the Outerbridge, Goethals or Bayonne Bridge: Follow signs to Route 278 (Staten Island Expressway) in the direction of Brooklyn and the Verrazano Narrows Bridge all the way to Lily Pond Ave. exit (last exit before toll), turn right directly on Lily Pond Ave., which becomes Father Capodanno Blvd. Continue on Capodanno Boulevard to Seaview Ave., turn right onto Seaview Ave. and continue to the hospital which is approximately one mile on the right.
Brooklyn Veteran's Administration Hospital
- 800 Poly Place
Brooklyn, NY 11209
- Drive on Linden to Caton onto Park Circle to Fort Hamilton Parkway. Take Fort Hamilton until it crosses 7th
Avenue. Continue left on 7th Ave. to its termination at Poly Place.
- Parking is scarce.
- Or, take Prospect Expressway to 4th Ave. exit (I-278 towards Verrazano). Continue on I-278 (not the Belt Parkway) and get off at 92nd Street exit, making a left at the end of the off ramp. Take 92nd to 7th Avenue. Make a right on 7th Avenue, going on 7th a few blocks to the VA.
- From Manhattan: Take the Brooklyn Queens Expressway (I278) towards the Verrazano Bridge. Take the
last exit before the bridge which is 92nd street. At the end of the ramp, go left
onto 92nd street. Move into the right lane and continue until 92nd dead ends at 7th
Avenue. (Victory Memorial will be on the left; a duck pond on the right and a golf
course in the front). Turn right on 7th and go until the street ends at the gate to
Fort Hamilton. Turn left and go a few yards; turn right into the medical center.
If you get lost call 718 836-6600