Why Study Healthcare Administration?
Healthcare in the United States is undergoing profound changes and healthcare administrators are in high demand. For example, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 32% growth in managerial healthcare administration jobs from 2020 to 2030. The Master of Healthcare Administration equips you with skills needed to respond to the challenges of our healthcare system and to join the next generation of healthcare leaders to provide equitable care for all communities.
Why Study at SUNY Downstate School of Public Health?
You will have flexible learning options and be able to take classes on our campuses either in Brooklyn, Manhattan, or through a hybrid program offering opportunities to participate both in-person and online.
Benefits of the program include:
Focus on advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion and creating mission-driven healthcare systems serving marginalized and minoritized communities.
Hybrid, including both online synchronous and in-person learning modalities, are available.
Flexible timelines to complete your degree with full-time enrollment as quickly as 12 months or on a part-time basis that works well for you.
Professional development series with prominent healthcare leaders to learn from their experiences while allowing you opportunities to network.
A hands-on experience to apply and extend classroom learnings at a practicum in a healthcare setting.
Personalized professional development to allow you to excel in your new career.
No GRE or graduate exam required for admission.
What You Will Learn
- The Master of Healthcare Administration offers you the opportunity to build comprehensive expertise in healthcare management, financing, strategic planning, and systems improvement to advance health equity for all communities.
- The world class faculty provide you with innovative case studies to assist you in applying core concepts in healthcare administration and financing to real-world scenarios.
- Exploratory learning opportunities in key industry arenas are provided through electives in Disabilities and the Workplace, Global Healthcare and Diversity, Legal Issues in Aging and Health, Healthcare Advocacy and Politics and Health Services Research Design and Methods.
- Your learning will extend beyond the classroom and into the community, with an applied practicum and capstone experience integrated into your academic program.
Future career opportunities in Healthcare Administration
- Chief Executive Officer of an hospital, clinic, long term care program, community health center, or your own healthcare company
- Chief Operations Officer of any healthcare facility
- Healthcare consultant
- Healthcare regulator
It's all in the numbers.
32% Growth in managerial healthcare administration jobs.
12 Months The time it will take to get your degree.
< 1 minute The time it takes to click the apply button.