- 1983, SUNY Buffalo, postdoctoral Fellow, Lab. Med.
- 1981, Syracruse University , Ph.D. , Biochemistry
- 1975, Syracruse University, B.S., Biology
Background and Expertise:
- 1996-Present : Professor of Pathology and Biophysics at SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- 1996-Present: Research Professor of Electrical Engineering at Polytechnic University, Brooklyn, NY
- 1990-1996: Associate Professor of Pathology and Biophysics at SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- 1983-1990: Assistant Professor of Pathology and Biophysics at SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- 1981-1983: Post Doctoral Trainee in Laboratory Medicine
- US Patent no. 5,137,355, Method of Imaging a Random Medium, Barbour, R.L., Lubowsky, J. and Aronson, R., awarded 8/11/92.
- pending, The IRIS-OPTI Scanner: A general-purpose optical tomographic imaging system, Barbour, R.L.
- Patent filed, System and Method for Tomographic Imaging of Dynamic Properties of a Scattering Medium, Barbour, R.L., Schmitz, C.H., August 2000
- Patent filed, Imaging of Scattering Media Using Relative Detector Values, Barbour, R.L., September 2000
- Patent filed, Method and System for Enhanced Imaging of a Scattering Medium, Barbour, R.L., Pei, Y., September
- 2000 Patent filed, Method and System for Imaging the Dynamics of Scattering Medium, Barbour, R.L.,September 2000
- Provisional patent filed, A method for imaging physiological chaos. The imaging of real-time, nonlinear dynamic vascular physiology and other functions by optical tomography, Barbour, R.L., January 2000