Abdo (Eddie) Kabarriti, MD
Assistant Professor, SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University, Department of Urology
Chief of Urology, Coney Island Hospital
Staff Urologist, Kings County Hospital Center
A native of Brooklyn, Dr. Kabarriti is a recent addition to the “Core Faculty”.
During his Residency in Urology at University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Kabarriti developed a special interest in genito-urinary reconstruction. After completing his residency, he joined the staff at Coney Island Hospital and ascended in short order to the position of Chief of the Urology Service.
Dr. Kabarriti’s advancement of the Urologic Services at Coney Island prompted the decision to incorporate Coney Island Hospital into our Resident Educational network. His research includes outcomes of treatment of LUTS and urethral reconstructive surgery.Education:
- 2007 - 2011: Doctor of Medicine, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine New York, NY
- 2003 - 2007: B.A. Computer Science/Mathematics, Yeshiva University, New York, NY
- 2012 - 2016: Resident in the Department of Urology, University of Hospital of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- 2011 - 2012: Intern in the Department of Surgery, University of Hospital of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Monaghan TF, Epstein MR, Bliwise DL, Michelson KP, Wu ZD, Lazar JM, Everaert K, Kabarriti AE, Holmes A, Wein AJ, Weiss JP. “Time of peak nocturnal diuresis rate between men with secondary nocturnal polyuria versus nocturnal polyuria syndrome.” Neurourol Urodyn. 2020 Jan 21
- Graham, JN, Khusid J, Smith MB, Winer A, Shteynberg A, Kabarriti AE. “Penile reconstruction after Fournier's Gangrene” Urology Video Journal, Volume 5, March 2020, 100018
- Tasian GE, Kabarriti AE, Kalmus A, Furth SL. “Kidney Stone Recurrence Among Children and Adolescents.” J Urol 2017 Jan;197(1):246-252
- Kabarriti AE, Pietzak EJ, Drach G, Guzzo TJ. Surgical Considerations for the Geriatric Urology Patient. Urology Practice Journal. March 2016, Volume 3, Issue 2, P81-168
- Pietzak EJ, Kabarriti AE, Mucksavage P, Barvaria T, Van Arsdalen K, Wein AJ, Malkowicz SB, Guzzo TJ. “The Presence of High-grade Prostatic Intraepithelial Neoplasia or Atypia on Prostate Biopsy Does Not Adversely Affect Prostatectomy Outcomes for Patients Otherwise Eligible for Active Surveillance.” Urology, Dec 2014;84(6):1442-7
- Kabarriti AE, Pietzak EJ, Canter DJ, Guzzo TJ. The Relationship Between Age and Perioperative Complications. Geriatric Urology. Current Geriatrics Reports. March 2014, Volume 3, Issue 1, p 8-13
- Kabarriti AE, Ramchandani P, Guzzo TJ. Spontaneous Urinary Bladder Perforation: An Unusual Presentation of Diabetes Mellitus. Urology Case Reports. Vol. 2, Issue 3, p109–111
- Kabarriti AE, Guzzo TJ, Wein AJ. Prostate Stromal Tumor of Uncertain Malignant Potential: Case Report With 5-Year Follow-up. Urology Case Reports, Vol. 2, Issue 2, p43–44
- Akhavan A, Brajtbord JS, McLeod DJ, Kabarriti AE, Rosenberg HK, Stock JA. Simple, age-based formula for predicting renal length in children. Urology. 2011 Aug;78(2):405-10.
- Hrnjez BJ, Kabarriti AE, Dach BI, Buldyrev SV, Asherie N, Natanov GR, Balderman J. Pyrazine in supercritical xenon: local number density defined by experiment and calculation. J Phys Chem B. 2008 Dec 4;112(48):15431-41.
- Kabarriti AE, Drach GW. Aging. Chap 1 in Guzzo TJ, eds: Primer of Geriatric Urology, New York, Springer, 2016.
- Kabarriti AE, Drach GW. Approach to the Elderly Patient: Evaluation. Chap 2 in Guzzo TJ, eds: Primer of Geriatric Urology, New York, Springer, 2016.