Sonya Dhar, MD
Department of Ophthalmology
- Boston University Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Boston, MA: Studied the effects of a high glucose environment on trabecular meshwork cells in order to further understand the role of diabetes in the development of glaucoma. Studied the consequences of altered extracellular matrix composition on the development of vascular cell loss in diabetes.
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, NY: Collected and summarized data for a 10 year retrospective study on surgical interventions in pediatric glaucoma patients.
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA: Created and maintained a database of murine genotypes and tissues. Optimized current techniques used on frozen and paraffin embedded specimens. Applied histochemical and immunohistochemical techniques in order to analyze the contribution and localization p63-/- cells in chimeric mice.
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, NY: Summarized data for a six year retrospective study on corneal lacerations of patients in an urban setting.
- Undergraduate: Boston University School of Medicine
- Medical School: Boston University School of Medicine
- Residency: Boston University Medical Center, Ophthalmology Residency
- Fellowship: Moran Eye Center, Clinical Instructor University of Utah, Glaucoma Fellowship
- Daniel R.Lefebvre, Sonya Dhar, Irene Lee, Felicia Allard, Suzanne K. Freitag. Dacryocystorhinostomy outcomes in patients with dacrocystitis: a retrospective review.Accepted for publication.
- Michael R.Banitt, Paul A. Sidoti, Ronald C. Gentile, Celso Tello, Jeffrey Liebmann, Natalia Rodriguez, Sonya Dhar. Pars Plana Baerveldt Implantation for Refractory Childhood Glaucomas. Journal of Glaucoma 2009 Jun-July 18(5): 412-17.
- Sayon Roy, Kyle Trudeau, Sumon Roy, Yugal Behl, Sonya Dhar, Argyrios Chronopoulos. New Insights into Hyperglycemia-induced Molecular Changes in Microvascular Cells. Journal of Dental Research 2009.
- Tane N., Dhar S., Roy S., Pinheiro A., Ohiro A., Roy S. Effect of excess synthesis of extracellular matrix components by trabecular meshwork cells: possible consequences on aqueous outflow. Exp Eye Res 2007 May 84(5):832-42.
- Sabina Signoretti, Maira M. Pires, Meghan Lindauer, James W. Horner, Chiara Grisanzio, Sonya Dhar, Pradip Majunder, Frank Mckeon, Philip W. Kantoff, William R. Sellers, Massimo Loda. p63 Regulates Commitment to the Prostate Cell Lineage. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2005; 102(32): 11355-60.