Jared Jagdeo, MD, MS
Founding Director of the Laser, Aesthetics and Body Institute
Founding Director of the Center for Photomedicine
Jared Jagdeo, M.D., M.S., is an Associate Professor of Dermatology and Director of the Center for Photomedicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center. Dr. Jagdeo established the Laser, Aesthetics and Body Institute in 2018 to bring state-of-the-art laser technology and comprehensive cosmetic services for dermatology patients at SUNY Downstate. As a leader in the field of lasers and light-based medicine, he is dedicated to providing world-class, compassionate care to his patients and to helping them achieve their skincare and aesthetic goals.
As a physician-scientist, his research focuses include cutaneous photobiology, wound healing, fibrosis, skin cancer, immunology, and procedural dermatology. He has co-authored over 90 peer-reviewed journal articles, as well as edited several books and co-authored book chapters. Dr. Jagdeo has received awards and honors, including the NIH-UC Davis CTSC K12 Mentored Career Development Award, NIH-UC Davis Innovation Grant, designation as an American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Future Leader, the Laser Florence Young Dermatologist Abstract Competition 1st Place Winner and the Dr. Horace Furumoto Innovations Young Investigator Award from the American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery.
A native of Brooklyn, Dr. Jagdeo is happy to return to New York to establish the Center for Photomedicine and Laser, Aesthetics & Body Institute.Academic Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Education: Brown University, Providence, RI, BA, Human Biology: Specialization Health and Disease
- Postgraduate Education: Brown University Graduate School, Providence, RI, MS, Pathobiology. Thesis on Cutaneous Tumor Immunology, Aging, Oxidative Stress and Anti-oxidants
- Medical Education: Brown Medical School, Providence, RI, MD, Medicine
- Internship: Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, PGY-1, Internal Medicine
- Residency: SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, PGY-2 - PGY-4, Dermatology
- Fellowship: Photobiology and DNA Repair, Howard Hughes Medical Institute-National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
- Previous Appointments: Associate Professor of Dermatology, University of California-Davis and Sacramento VA Medical Center