The Brooklyn German General Dispensary is established in 1856.
Instruction of medical students in the Collegiate Division begins on March 29, 1860.
Construction begins on the Basic Science Building in 1953.
In 1977, Dr. Raymond Damadian builds the first MRI scanner at the Medical Center.
Follow this link to find out more about the MRI
Construction begins on the Health Science Education Building in 1987.
Opening ceremonies for the new Health Science Education Building take place in 1992.
Dr. Robert Furchgott, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 1998.
SUNY Downstate's new Master of Public Health Program prepares for its first class in the summer of 2002.
Advanced Biotechnology Park established in 2002.