John DeLury, MD
Clinical Associate Professor
Following his graduation from the College of Medicine at SUNY Downstate Dr. Delury completed his residency training at the University of Wisconsin (Madison). He then completed his Infectious Disease Fellowship at the University of New Mexico, during the period of the Hantavirus outbreak in the four corners. After working as a hospital physician at the Alaska Native Medical Center in Anchorage, he returned to join the ID faculty at Downstate and Kings County. He is in charge of the antimicrobial stewardship program at NYC H+H/Kings County. He is committed to the education of the ID fellows and is in charge of the year-long review course. His emphasis is to help fellows efficiently build strong differentials and treatment plans.
Education and Training:
- BA Vassar College 1986
- MD SUNY Downstate 1992
- Internal Medicine Residency: University of Wisconsin Madison 1992-1995
- Infectious Disease Fellowship: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 1996-1998
I like the patients and students. My colleagues are great. Brooklyn is an interesting place to live.
Infectious Disease Division, Box 56
450 Clarkson Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11203
- Sidhu, G, DeLury J, Sanmugarajah J, Axiotis C, Backer M, Braverman AS. Response of human immunodeficiency virus lymphomas to highly active antiretroviral therapy without chemotherapy: report of four patients and literature review. Leukemia and Lymphoma, epub, November 9, 2009.
- Torrez-Martinez N, Bharadwaj M, Goade D, DeLury J, Moran P, Hicks B, Nix B, Davis J, Hjelle B. Bayou virus-associated hantavirus pulmonary syndrome in eastern Texas: identification of oryzomys palustrisas, the reservoir host. Emerging Infectious Diseases, 4 (1), 1998, 105-111.
- Sidhu G, Delury J. Sanmugarajah J. Axiotis C, Backer M, Braverman A. Response of HIV Lymphomas to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) without chemotherapy: report of four patients and literature review. Abstract: Lymphoma and Myeloma International Conference on Hematologic Malignancies 2008 (New York City).
- DeLury J, Scully G. Clinical use patterns and utility of semiquantitative intravascular catheter tip cultures. Abstract: Infectious Disease Society of America, Annual Meeting 1998 (Denver, CO).