Patients in University Hospital of Brooklyn now have secure online access to their health information.
MyDownstateCare is available to Emergency Room, Ambulatory Surgery, and Inpatients, and will soon expand to all patients.Find out more »
Update: Reach Out and Read of Greater New York Takes its Literacy Campaign to Downstate's Infant and Child Learning CenterFind out more »
The LCME, administered by the Association of American Medical Colleges and the American Medical Association, is the nationally recognized authority for medical education programs leading to the MD degree.
University Hospital of SUNY Downstate is a leader in advanced medical care. It is the only hospital in Brooklyn backed by the expertise of an outstanding medical school and the research facilities of a world class academic center.Find out more »
There are a million and a half children in New York City. Which means a million and a half throats and noses and three million ears for parents to worry about.Find out more »
We know what parents worry about: your child is sick and you can't reach your doctor. At times like those remember University Hospital SUNY Downstate and our pediatric emergency rooms.Find out more »
- SUNY Downstate Medical Students Excel in Annual National Residency Match Day
- Mood Disorder Research Led by SUNY Downstate’s Dr. Jeremy Coplan Suggests Early Life Stress May Cause Excess Serotonin Release Resulting In A Serotonin Deficit Where the Brain Needs It Most
- Animal-to-Human Transmission of Ebola Virus Appears Tied to Increasing Human Population Density in Forested Regions, Say SUNY Downstate Researchers
- Ethical Issues Surrounding the Control of Ebola by the U.S. to Be Explored at SUNY Downstate December 4
- SUNY Downstate College of Nursing Holds Inaugural White Coat Ceremony
- Were Neanderthals a Sub-species of Modern Humans? New Research Led by SUNY Downstate’s Dr. Samuel Márquez Says No
Disappearance of Neanderthals Likely the Result of Competition from Homo sapiens, and Not from Poor Adaptation to Cold
The Statewide Financial System (SFS) will be down for a three (3) week period due to a system upgrade. No State purchase orders or any invoices will be processed through the State system during the downtime. The downtime is scheduled from March 20th to April 12th. Please plan accordingly. If you have any questions, please contact Martin Deane at extension 3199.
Transitioning SUNY Downstate: Downstate is restructuring in order to serve Brooklyn better and achieve long-term financial stability. Click here for more information on Downstate's Sustainability Plan.
Are you a vendor who is doing business or is interested in doing business with SUNY Downstate Medical Center? Click here for more information.