Update: Reach Out and Read of Greater New York Takes its Literacy Campaign to Downstate's Infant and Child Learning CenterFind out more »
The LCME, administered by the Association of American Medical Colleges and the American Medical Association, is the nationally recognized authority for medical education programs leading to the MD degree.
University Hospital of SUNY Downstate is a leader in advanced medical care. It is the only hospital in Brooklyn backed by the expertise of an outstanding medical school and the research facilities of a world class academic center.Find out more »
There are a million and a half children in New York City. Which means a million and a half throats and noses and three million ears for parents to worry about.Find out more »
We know what parents worry about: your child is sick and you can't reach your doctor. At times like those remember University Hospital SUNY Downstate and our pediatric emergency rooms.Find out more »
- SUNY Downstate to Provide Free Prostate Screenings September 15-18, during Prostate Cancer Awareness Week
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center's College of Nursing Appoints New Associate Dean for Research and Innovations
Dr. Shirley Girouard to Facilitate a Robust Program of Research and Scholarship, with Focus on Workforce Diversity and Reducing Health Disparities
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center Appoints New Chief of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Dr. Shivakumar Vignesh is an Expert in Advanced Endoscopic Procedures and Endoscopic Oncology
- Downstate Medical Center's School of Public Health Receives $74,000 Grant from SUNY for High Need Public Health Careers
Demand for Public Health Practitioners Projected to Grow 21% Nationally
- Downstate Awarded SUNY Funding for Neuroscience Research Projects
Collaborative Research into Treatment for Brain and Eye Disorders Supported
by SUNY Brain Network of Excellence
- SUNY Downstate's Dr. Mahmood Hussain Receives $50,000 Grant from SUNY Technology Accelerator Fund
Transitioning SUNY Downstate: Downstate is restructuring in order to serve Brooklyn better and achieve long-term financial stability. Click here for more information on Downstate's Sustainability Plan.
Are you a vendor who is doing business or is interested in doing business with SUNY Downstate Medical Center? Click here for more information.