SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Downstate Depot – Property Control
|Web feedback welcomed. Didn't find what you needed, or a broken link? eMail us.|
|Property Control INFO|
(3rd Floor, old Library)
|Hours:||M-F 8:30am to 4:30pm|
|Manager:||Maxine Bennett, 718-270-2268|
|Assistant Manager:||Jameliah Jones, 718-270-1465|
|Physical Inventory Coordinator:||vacant|
|Clerk II||Mary Ann Kelly, 718-613-8515|
Welcome to Property Control. We're more than a barcode!
The Property Control Department provides a means for uniform reporting and controlling of capital assets purchased by all departments at Downstate Medical Center utilizing the SUNY-wide computerized database, previously called the Property Control System (PCS) and now called the Real Asset Management (RAM) system. RAM provides the asset record and depreciation calculation basis for several financial reporting and compliance systems pursuant to NYS Finance Law, Federal Sponsored Research accreditation, as well as cost reporting upon which hospital reimbursement rates and sponsored research overhead rates are determined. The department also provides guidance and assistance on any asset related issues, including new acquisitions, transfers, physical inventories, as well as manages all surplus of assets and final disposition.
Planning a new equipment purchase? It often requires more detailed and coordinated planning. See the DMC Procurement - Equipment Purchase planning tips
DMC Surplus Availability:
If you are interested in surplus items and they are replacing existing equipment, please complete a Report of Surplus Property form so the movers can deliver the newly acquired asset and remove the surplus asset at the same time.
Click on the Forms tab in the left menu to get electronic copies of the neccessary form/s.
Statewide Surplus Availability:
All NYS agencies post surplus items available on the New York State Surplus Equipment Store website at: http://stores.ebay.com/nysstore.
Department of Administrative Services: Consolidated service units at a contiguous location to the extent practical, and commonly known as “Downstate Depot”, that currently includes: Central Receiving, Central Stores, Quick Copy Center, Mail/Messenger, Warehouse, and Property Control, providing:
- A “one-stop” customer service location for multiple support unit services, and
- Maximized workforce cross-training and deployment dependant upon daily workload.
- The highest standards of quality customer services and customer satisfaction while adhering to DMC’s Code of Ethic and Business Conduct, and Principles of Behavior (pgs 16-31), in support of DMC’s Educational, Clinical and Research enterprises, in a dependable manner while maintaining accurate records of all transactions within all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Maintenance, update, and provide equipment and furniture capital asset related data and services including the timely efficient and accurate tagging, annual physical inventory, transfer, surplus reporting and disposal transactions on DMC capital assets,
- The financial valuation and depreciation data for SUNY, DMC and UHB financial statements and regulatory requirements, including the Research Foundation’s Facility and Administrative (F&A) overhead rate, and customized asset reports as necessary or requested from external or internal entities.