SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Department of Police and Public Safety
The Transportation Section
The Transportation Manager is Andre Sterling. His office is located at 224 Clarkson Avenue, 718-703-5960 or 718-703-5934. Transportation Unit personnel are available from 6:30 AM to 11:00 PM, Monday to Friday (Holidays excluded). The Transportation Section provides shuttle service per the following schedule:
- During the hours of 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM, service is available from our off-campus parking facilities to the main complex. The schedule for this service is on demand. If a pickup is required at one of our facilities, call ext. 2626 to explain your request for shuttle service.
- During the hours of 3:00 PM until 10:30 PM, a shuttle will depart at regular intervals from both the University Hospital (445 Lenox Road) and the Education building (395 Lenox Road) enroute to local transportation hubs, our parking lots and the 711 Parkside Avenue Business Office. If there is a special request or need for other transportation arrangements during this time period, call ext. 2626 and explain your request.
- Vice President Academic Affairs & Executive Dean of Allied Health and Nursing - 270-4418
- Associate Vice President of Student Affairs & Dean of Students - 270-2187
- Assistant Vice President of Student Life - 270-3294
- Director of Residential Life and Services - 270-2798
We strongly urge all members of the HSC community to take advantage of these services. Your safety is our primary concern.