SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
The Children's Hospital
Medical Student Pediatric Electives
The Department of Pediatrics takes great pride in its role in providing education to medical students throughout their four years of medical school. Pediatrics faculty teach medical students during ECM I and II, ICM and PCM.
Non-credit electives available to first and second year medical students:
- PEDS N158 Nutrition Across the Lifespan SUNY DMC
Clinical Elective Offerings for third and fourth year students:
- PEDS 4400 Sub-Internship in Clinical Pediatrics SUNY DMC
- PEDS 4401 Adolescent Medicine SUNY DMC, Kings County Hospital
- PEDS 4406 Ambulatory Care SUNY DMC, Kings County Hospital
- PEDS 4410 Pediatric Cardiology SUNY DMC
- PEDS 4417 Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism SUNY DMC, Maimonides Med. Ctr.
- PEDS 4420 Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition SUNY DMC
- PEDS 4423 Pediatric Critical Care UHB, KCHC
- PEDS 4434 Pediatric Hematology/Oncology SUNY DMC
- PEDS 4440 Pediatric Immunology and Allergy SUNY DMC
- PEDS 4445 Pediatric Infectious Disease SUNY DMC, Kings County Hospital
- PEDS 4446 HIV/AIDS and Adolescence SUNY DMC, Kings County Hospital
- PEDS 4450 Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine SUNY DMC
- PEDS 4458 Pediatric Nephrology SUNY DMC
Clinical and research electives in Pulmonology, Cardiology, Developmental/Behavioral Pediatrics, Child Abuse and Advocacy, Social and Community Pediatrics can also be arranged.
Clinical experiences are available for visits students from other U.S. medical schools as well as for visiting international medical students. Please refer to the links below for further information.
- Procedures for Visiting Students
- Procedures for Visiting International Medical Students (medical schools outside of the USA)