SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
The Children's Hospital
Subspecialty Application Timetable
|NRMP** or SFMP (for July 2009 positions)|
|ERAS* Cycle||Match Begins||ROL Closes||Match Day|
|Cardiology||Jan. 1 2008||May 21, 2008||June 11, 2008|
|Critical Care||July 9, 2008||Oct. 8, 2008||Nov. 5, 2008|
|Emergency Medicine||July||Aug. 13, 2008||Nov. 12, 2008||Dec. 12, 2008|
|Gastroenterology||December||Jan. 23, 2008||May 21, 2008||June 11, 2008|
|Hematology/Oncology||Nov. 28, 2007||Apr. 23, 2008||May 7, 2008|
|Neonatal-Perinatal||December||May 14, 2008||Sept. 10, 2008||Oct. 1, 2008|
|Aug. 27, 2008||Jan. 14, 2009||Jan. 21, 2009|
|Rheumatology||December||Dec. 5, 2007||Apr. 23, 2008||May 7, 2008|
|Transplant Hepat. ****|
|Allergy-Immunology||December||Jan. 9, 2008||May 7, 2008||May 21, 2008|
|Child Neurology||September||Aug. 27, 2008||Jan. 14, 2009||Jan. 21, 2009|
|Sports Medicine ***||Sept. 3, 2008||Dec. 17, 2008||Jan. 7, 2009|
* More information at www.aamc.org/students/erasfellow
- ERAS participation by programs is voluntary. Not all programs in a subspecialty require ERAS applications, but many will only accept ERAS
- Additional subspecialties are being added to ERAS often. Check with the subspecialty fellowship program and with the ERAS site to determine how applications are submitted.
- July Cycle - ERAS site opens to applicants for positions for July of the coming year. Match results available December of the application year.
- December Cycle - ERAS site opens to applicants for positions beginning July 1 ½ years later. Match results available April to June of year prior to fellowship start date.
- ERAS does not set program application deadlines as the individual programs set the deadlines. You should contact the fellowship programs directly for application process, deadlines and position start dates.
** More information at www.nrmp.org/fellow
- Additional subspecialties are being added to NRMP often. Check with the subspecialty fellowship program and with the NRMP site to determine how positions are filled.
- Positions filled and commitments made through the NRMP (or SFMP) are binding and must be accepted.
*** Use SF (San Francisco) Matching Program and dates are for PGY3 or 4 positions.
**** Requires completion of Pediatric Gastroenterology fellowship.