SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Payroll / Time and Attendance
|Web feedback welcomed. Didn't find what you needed, or a broken link? eMail us.|
Time & Attendance INFO
|Location:||EB Room B-007|
|Hours:||M-F 9am to 5pm, Walk-ins 10am to 3pm, except holidays|
|Director:||Jennifer Del Rosario,
Time and Attendance
It is an employment requirement that every State Employee maintain his or her time sheet/time record on a biweekly or monthly basis. Timely submission of timesheets/time records is mandatory.
Below are the schedules of when the time sheets/time records are due:
- Classified employees (Hourly, Part-time, CSEA, FLSA Overtime, PEF, and PBANYS/NYSCOPBA) time-sheet/time records are due (2) days after the close of each biweekly pay period.
- Please note Overtime is paid out (1) month prior depending on submission
- (I.E. Pay date 02/17/2021 – Overtime covers from January 6 - January 20)
- All Non-Chargeable Type time must be recorded on timesheets/time records (Conference, Training, Administrative Leave, Sabbatical, etc.).
- College Work Study and Student Assistant please follow the Institutional Payroll Calendar
- Non-classified employees (UUP and MC) time sheets/time records must be updated by the 10th day of the following month.
- Your last time record must be approved and property tracking form submitted upon separation.
- These documents are needed in order to process Lump sum payments (Final payment).
- We will need those documents to process Lump sum payment.
- Lump Sum Payments are processed (6 to 8) weeks after receiving final pay check.
- You will be paid for up to 30 vacation days upon separation from State service.
- Involves approved part-time service at an employee's own campus or another unit of State University. Payment is made by the employing unit. Prior approval of the President for Extra Service is required and is obtained by submission of an Extra Service Approval Form (UP-8 for UUPF Bargaining Unit, UP-6 for Management/Confidential). There are restrictions on the amount an individual can earn on Extra Service. For faculty, the limitation is 20 percent of base salary for the academic year and an additional 20 percent over the summer. For Professional Staff, the limit is 20 percent of base salary for the calendar year. Please contact Human Resources for further information.
The Department’s Supervisor is responsible for timely submission of the employee’s time sheets/records. If the time sheets/records for the employee are not submitted timely, it may result in a delay in getting the employee paid and the employee will be removed from direct deposit. Notifications of non-submission will be escalated to management.
Manually prepared Time sheets and Overtime Forms, for those departments and staff that are NOT YET on the online TAS, can be scanned and submitted via email to "CSEA Time Sheets" in DMC's Outlook eMail directory (eMail link) , or faxed o to 718-270-4143.
- Bi-Weekly Attendance & Leave Accrual Report - Classified Service
- Bi-Weekly Report of On-Call Recall Services
- Faculty & NTP MONTHLY Individual Report of Attendance
- Instructions - Monthly Faculty & NTP Individual Report of Attendance
- Faculty and Individual HOURLY Report of Time and Attendance
- Report of Overtime Meal Allowance
- TAS Supervisor Designee Form
- Time & Attendance Action Form
- UUP FLSA Employee Online Timesheet Instructions
- Extra Time Sheet