SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Department of Pathology
Daniel Levitan, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Tel: (718) 270-1667
Education and Training
- 2009-2013, MD, Magna Cum Laude, St. George’s University School of Medicine
- 2013-2017, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency, SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- 2017-2018, Oncologic Surgical Pathology Fellowship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- 2018-2019, Gynecologic and Perinatal Pathology Fellowship, New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medicine
Research and Clinical Interest Summary
My clinical and research interests lie in oncologic surgical pathology as well as gynecologic and perinatal pathology.
- Cagino K, Levitan D, Schatz-Siemers NF, Zarnegar R, Chapman-Davis E, Holcomb K, Frey MK. Multiple malignant transformations of an ovarian mature cystic teratoma. ecancer. 2020, 14:1009
- Ma LX, Levitan D, Baergen RN. Weights of fetal membranes and umbilical cords: correlation with placental pathology. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2020;23(4):249-252. doi:10.1177/1093526619889460
- Lu C, Levitan D, Axiotis CA, Liu J. Concomitant multifocal gastrinomas and adenocarcinoma in the stomach: a case report and literature review. Hum Pathol: Case Reports. 2016 July 9;0(0):1-4.
- Levitan D, Harper AE, Sun Y, Carniello JVS, Momeni A, Kagan J, Alexis H, Eid I, Harris L, Marshall B, Tafani E, Pincus MR. Do serum creatinine levels show clinically significant fluctuations on serial determinations on the Siemens Advia 1800 analyzer? J Clin Lab Anal. 2016 July 1;0:1-4.
- Arora S, Levitan D, Regmi N, Sidhu G, Gupta R, Nicastri A, Saggi SJ, Braverman A. Cryoglobulinemia in a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) – a case report and review of literature of renal involvement in CLL. Blood Cells Mol. Dis. 2016 June 17;60:7-11.