SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
MONTHLY Parkers: USE YOUR ASSIGNED LOT. Normal rates to resume 7/1/20.The COVID19 peak period of no fee ended 6/30/20.
- All Automatic payments had been turned off during the peak Covid19 “no parking fee” period: YOU NEED to make the payment of the 8/1/20 invoice on your portal account and re-enable your automatic payments. Since many have had personal financial condition change during the period, each customer must determine whether or not to change their payment method and automatic payment options. Automatic Payment Instructions (link)
- The Bookstore has re-opened as of 8/3/20 and is available for customers requiring in-person cash payment.
- Payment for Monthly Parking is required for the month even if you will not be on campus; with exception made only for those on HR approved Leaves of Absence. If you no longer require monthly parking, any monthly customer can cancel your monthly parking privileges by sending an eMail to: Parking@downstate.edu. However, once cancelled, including any automatic cancellation for non-payment by 15th of each month, should you desire future monthly parking privileges, you lose your current parking seniority date and must add your name to waiting list. Send eMail to: ParkingWaitList@downstate.edu
DAILY Parkers: 324 Winthrop St lot (link) for up to 100 Downstate ID Card holders (lot capacity) at $10/day. Hours: Mon-Fri 5:30am to 10pm
PC Users: IMPORTANT- When accessing the Parking Portal, DON'T use an Internet Explorer browser -it won't work properly. Use any other browsers (Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox, etc..)
Monthly Parking Wait List: To add your name, send eMail with your contact info to: ParkingWaitList@downstate.edu
Monthly Parking Lot Transfer Requests: Send email to Parking@downstate.edu
After you receive a Monthly Parking Assignment from the Downstate Parking Office, All MONTHLY Parkers (ALL parking lots) must establish an online Parking Portal Account. See links below and DON'T use an Internet Explorer browser - use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Safari browsers.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE a lot entry sticker scan error, there may be problem with your online parking portal account status that needs your action to resolve. Often caused by a payment issue, but could be simply entering the wrong lot, or a plate # mismatch that needs your action to resolve (click to READ IMPORTANT NOTICE).
Your Monthly parking lot assignment, vehicle sticker, (and KCH lot access card) are all obtained from the Downstate Parking Office.
Where do I put my parking sticker?
Click on blue button below to login. Reminder- DON'T use an Internet Explorer browser
On the portal, you can manage or change your payment method, set up or change automatic future recurring payments, and submit edits to your customer profile (vehicle changes, address, name or contact info) as changes occur. The Parking Office does not know that you have changed your status (separations, retirements, leaves of absence) until you communicate it to the Parking Office. If your status WILL BE CHANGING, Send eMail (link).
- 5 days prior to the 1 st of each new month, you will receive an automated reminder eMail of your upcoming invoice, so you have the opportunity to modify your payment method BEFORE the 1st day of the new month.
- Invoices are posted to your portal account on the 1st day of each month. PAYMENT IS
DUE ON THE 1ST DAY OF EACH MONTH.You can't pay an invoice until it is actually posted (appears) on your account on
the 1st day of each month. Log into your portal account, open the new invoice and
click on the "PAY Now" button to add your payment method (credit card or bank account).
- Tip- When entering a payment method, the COUNTRY field is entered as U.S.A.
- Tip: when entering your credit card information don't use your browser's "auto fill" feature (like multiple address lines becoming merged into a single line that cause payment failures). Type in your name and address to match the billing name & address of the card/account you are entering.
- Cash only payments will be accepted at the Bookstore.
- Payment must be made by 15th day of each month. If unpaid by 15th day, your monthly parking subscription will be cancelled and you will lose your parking seniority and privileges. You will then need to send eMail to ParkingWaitList@downstate.edu to have your name added to the bottom of the monthly parking waiting list.
- If you cancel your monthly parking, or choose not to accept your current lot assignment, you forfeit all Downstate Monthly parking privileges and your current seniority status. Should you desire any future monthly parking., you need to send eMail to ParkingWaitList@downstate.edu to have your name added to the bottom of the monthly parking waiting list.
Automatic recurring payments from the account you established (credit /debit card or eCheck). Invoices for each new month are issued on the 1st day of each month. When you first pay an invoice and enter the card or eCheck account details, there will be a box to check or uncheck whether you want to establish that payment method for future automatic payments. If you select automatic monthly payment feature, your invoice is paid by your established payment method automatically on the 1st day of each new month. YOU CAN revise this feature at any time.
- You can delete an old, or add a new Credit Card or eCheck account WHENEVER you so choose by logging into your Downstate Customer Parking Portal (link). Scroll down your profile details to the Payment Details section, then click on the "edit" button next to your established payment method
that you want to modify and enter your new Card or eCheck details.
When entering a new payment method (credit card or bank account), there will be a check box to set your payment as automatic monthly payment. If you do not wish to set your account for future automatic monthly payment, be sure to uncheck that box.
- eCheck payments: These are "ACH (Automated Clearing House) banking transactions" that, depending on your bank, can take up to 5 business days to clear (when we actually receive your payment). Thus, even though your bank immediately deducts the payment from your bank account, we do not receive the funds until it clears. Thus, your parking portal account reflects it as an outstanding balance with an ACH transaction in process until funds are received. Also- contact your bank before using this method, since some banks do charge a fee to your account for ACH transactions.
- To Start (Enable) or Stop (Disable) your automatic monthly payments, log into your Downstate Customer Parking Portal (link). If you've forgotten your parking portal password, you can follow the 'forgot password'
link on the login page to re-set your password.
- In the far left column click on "Subscriptions" tab. Your current subscription parking lot location will have a green "live" status (all your past subscriptions also appear in the list).
- Click on the current "live" subscription lot name to display your current payment method,
- Click on either the "Enable Auto-charge" or "Disable Auto-charge" link that appears below your payment method.
- If you're having trouble finding it, you can also send an eMail (link) asking us to make the change for you.
If you already received a portal invitation eMail, then start at Step 2.
PC Users: IMPORTANT- When accessing the Sign Up or Parking Portal, DON'T use an Internet Explorer browser -it won't work properly and you'll never receive the "accept invitation" eMail to start Step 2. Use any other browsers (Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox, etc..)
Step 1: Things you need to have readily available before going to the Sign Up portal:
Your Downstate ID Card- you'll need the last 6 digits of your UID on the back of card (image),
Your vehicle and plate information.
State-paid Employees Only: Have a pay stub for your NYS Employee ID#. This will enable you to enroll in a NYS payroll deduction option when that future payment option is implemented. Find it on your NYS pay stub (image)
When you're ready, click on:
Once you complete all record information required, click on "Sign Up" button at bottom of page. This sends your record to the Downstate Parking Administrator.
Step 2: You'll receive an eMail message from "Downstate Parking Portal firstname.lastname@example.org " with Subject = "FSA of DMC, Inc. has invited you to join their Parking Portal".
If you do not receive an eMail, you may have used an Internet Explorer browser. Send an eMail to: email@example.com and we will manually find the record you tried to create then send you a 'parking portal invitation' eMail.
Inside that eMail message, you must click on the green "Accept Invitation" link. BE SURE YOU ARE NOT USING AN INTERNET EXPLORER BROWSER. This will bring you to the secure web portal ('sunydmc.spotshark.com'..) where you set your password. '
Password minimum requirements:
- minimum 8 non-sequential characters and not the same as your login name.
- both upper and lower characters, a number, and ONE special character (!#$%&* etc..).
- If changing your password, cannot be a previous password.
After you complete that password set up step, you will then receive another separate automated eMail with a secured link to establish your payment method, and set up automatic future recurring payments - uncheck that box if DO NOT want to set up automatic recurring payments. This multi-step process is time consuming but better ensures security on your payment data associated with your parking record.
Tip: when entering your credit card information don't use your browser's "auto fill" feature (like multiple address lines becoming merged into a single line that cause payment failures). Type in your name and address to match the billing name & address of the card/account you are entering.
You're now an Active Customer with Online Access!