SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
DAILY Parkers: 324 Winthrop St lot (link) is @ NO COST available to all Downstate ID cardholders:
Open 24hrs 7 days/wk - extended hours remain in effect until Sunday 5/31/20 at 10pm.
Effective 6/1/20, hours return to normal Monday to Fri 5:30am to 10pm
MONTHLY Parkers: Monthly parking fees remain suspended until normal rates and payments resume on 7/1/20, unless otherwise modified.
This period of no monthly parking charge continues for June 2020. Your "Next Billing Date" has been extended by another additional month. Customers can log into your Parking Portal account (link), click on left column "subscription" tab and view your current "live' subscription "Next Billing Date". Those who had made an April 2020 payment will see a Next Billing Date of 8/1/20. All others will see a "Next Billing Date" of 7/1/20.
USE YOUR ASSIGNED LOT on weekdays 6am to 10pm; Use 324Winthrop on nights & weekends until 5/31/20.
All auto-payments on all monthly customer portal accounts have been deactivated until regular monthly payments resume.
All MONTHLY parkers @ ALL parking lots must establish an online Parking portal account. DON'T use an Internet Explorer browser - use any current version of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Safari browsers.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE a lot entry sticker scan error, there may be problem with your online parking portal account status that needs your action to resolve. Often caused by a payment issue, but could be simply entering the wrong lot, or a plate # mismatch that needs your action to resolve (click to READ IMPORTANT NOTICE).
Your Monthly parking lot assignment, vehicle sticker, (and KCH lot access card) are all obtained from the Downstate Parking Office.
Where do I put my parking sticker?
Click on blue button below to login. Reminder- DON'T use an Internet Explorer browser
On the portal, you can manage or change your payment method, set up or change automatic future recurring payments, and submit edits to your customer profile (vehicle changes, address, name or contact info) as changes occur. The Parking Office does not know that you have changed your status (separations, retirements, leaves of absence) until you communicate it to the Parking Office. If your status WILL BE CHANGING, Send eMail (link).
- 5 days prior to the 1 st of each new month, you will receive an automated reminder eMail of your upcoming invoice, so you have the opportunity to modify your payment method BEFORE the 1st day of the new month.
- Invoices are posted to your portal account on the 1st day of each month. PAYMENT IS DUE ON THE 1ST DAY OF EACH MONTH.You can't pay an invoice until it is actually posted (appears) on your account on the 1st day of each month. Log into your portal account, open the new invoice and click on the "PAY Now" button to add your payment method (credit card or bank account). Cash only payments will be accepted at the Bookstore.
- Payment must be made by 15th day of each month. If unpaid by 15th day, your monthly parking subscription will be cancelled and you will lose your parking seniority and privileges. You will then need to send eMail to ParkingWaitList@downstate.edu to have your name added to the bottom of the monthly parking waiting list.
- If you cancel your monthly parking, or choose not to accept your current lot assignment, you forfeit all Downstate Monthly parking privileges and your current seniority status. Should you desire any future monthly parking., you need to send eMail to ParkingWaitList@downstate.edu to have your name added to the bottom of the monthly parking waiting list.
Automatic recurring payments from the account you established (credit card or eCheck). Invoices for each new month are issued on the 1st day of each month, and with the automatic recurring payment feature, your invoice is paid by your established payment method automatically on the 1st day of each new month. YOU CAN revise this feature at any time.
If you already received a portal invitation eMail, then start at Step 2.
PC Users: IMPORTANT- When accessing the Sign Up or Parking Portal, DON'T use an Internet Explorer browser -it wont work properly and you'll never receive the "accept invitation" eMail to start Step 2. Use any other browsers (Chrome,Edge, Safari, Firefox, etc..)
Step 1: Things you need to have readily available before going to the Sign Up portal:
Your Downstate ID Card- you'll need the last 6 digits of your UID on the back of card (image),
Your vehicle and plate information.
State-paid Employees Only: Have a pay stub for your NYS Employee ID#. This will enable you to enroll in a NYS payroll deduction option when that future payment option is implemented. Find it on your NYS pay stub (image)
When you're ready, click on:
Once you complete all record information required, click on "Sign Up" button at bottom of page. This sends your record to the Downstate Parking Administrator.
Step 2: You'll receive an eMail message from "Downstate Parking Portal firstname.lastname@example.org " with Subject = "FSA of DMC, Inc. has invited you to join their Parking Portal".
If you do not receive an eMail, you may have used an Internet Explorer browser. Send an eMail to: email@example.com and we will manually find the record you tried to create then send you a 'parking portal invitation' eMail.
Inside that eMail message, you must click on the green "Accept Invitation" link. BE SURE YOU ARE NOT USING AN INTERNET EXPLORER BROWSER. This will bring you to the secure web portal ('sunydmc.spotshark.com'..) where you set your password. '
Password minimum requirements:
- minimum 8 non-sequential characters and not the same as your login name.
- both upper and lower characters, a number, and ONE special character (!#$%&* etc..).
- If changing your password, cannot be a previous password.
After you complete that password set up step, you will then receive another separate automated eMail with a secured link to establish your payment method, and set up automatic future recurring payments - uncheck that box if DO NOT want to set up automatic recurring payments. This multi-step process is time consuming but better ensures security on your payment data associated with your parking record.
Tip: Payment failures when entering your credit card information can often result from your browser's "auto fill" (like multiple address lines becoming merged into a single line). Enter your name and address to match the billing name & address of the card/account you are entering.
You're now an Active Customer with Online Access!