SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
College of Nursing
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- State University of New York (SUNY) Downstate Medical Center is accredited by the
Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Telephone: (267) 284-5000.
SUNY Downstate Medical Center, College of Nursing
- The baccalaureate degree, master's degree and post-graduate APRN certificate programs
in nursing at SUNY Downstate College of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
655 K Street NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC, 20001
- In 2015, the baccalaureate degree, master’s degree, and post -graduate APRN programs received re- accreditation by CCNE for the maximum period of ten years (2015-2025). The baccalaureate and master’s degree programs were initially accredited in 2005 by CCNE for the maximum period of ten years (2005-2015).
- Prior to the programs’ accreditation by CCNE, the baccalaureate degree program was initially accredited in 1969 and was continuously re-accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) through 2005. The master’s degree program was initially accredited in 1989 and continuously re-accredited by ACEN (formerly NLNAC) through 2005.
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center, College of Nursing's Nurse Anesthesia Master of Science
program is also accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
222 S. Prospect Avenue
Park Ridge, Ill. 60068-4001
Telephone: (847) 655-1160
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center, College of Nursing's Nurse Midwifery Master of Science
program is offered in collaboration with SUNY Downstate Medical Center, College of
Health related Professions' Advanced Certificate Program in Midwifery, which is accredited
by the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME)
8403 Colesville Road, Suite 1550
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Telephone: (240) 485-1803
All of SUNY Downstate Medical Center, College of Nursing's programs are approved and registered through the New York State Education Department's Office of the Professions.