SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Office of Communications & Marketing
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 18, 2019
MEDIA CONTACT: John Gillespie | email@example.com | (718)270-2262
SUNY Downstate Bay Ridge Ambulatory Surgery Center Reopens
Facility to Offer Full Range of Ambulatory Surgery Services
Located on the 1st floor in the former Victory Memorial Hospital at 9036 7th Avenue in Brooklyn, SUNY Downstate at Bay Ridge is a full-service, multispecialty outpatient surgical facility that performs procedures that do not require an overnight hospital stay. The facility has been completely renovated, and now features a comfortable, attractive, and professional environment for both patients and physicians, along with a comfortable waiting room for patients' families.
SUNY Downstate at Bay Ridge Ambulatory Surgery Center features seven state-of-the-art operating suites with the capability to perform the vast majority of outpatient surgeries for both adult and pediatric patients. The facility is staffed by the full range of healthcare professions needed to provide the best possible care, including surgeons, anesthesiologists, perioperative nurses and other ancillary staff.
The center is open from 6 AM until 6 PM, Monday through Friday, and is fully staffed until all post-operative patients are safely and comfortably discharged.
We are located at 9036 7th Ave, Brooklyn NY, across from the Dyker Heights Golf Club at the former Victory Memorial Hospital Site
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
- General Information 718-567-1492
- Ambulatory Surgery Center 718-567-1229
- Physician Referral 1-888-270-SUNY (7869)
- Translation Services 718-270-1111
- Insurance Information 718-270-1031
- Subway: Take the R train to the 95th Street-Bay Ridge Station, walk up Fourth Avenue to 92nd Street, take a right and walk five blocks to our facility on Seventh Avenue.
- Bus: The B8 and B70 stop near the entrance to SUNY Downstate Bay Ridge. The B63 stops at 92nd Street and Fifth Avenue, a five-block walk to our facility on Seventh Avenue. The B1 stops at 86th Street and 7th Avenue, a three block walk to our facility.
- Car: Take I-278 to Exit 17 (92nd Street – the last exist before the Verrazano Bridge). Make a left at the light onto 92nd Street and travel two blocks to Seventh Avenue. SUNY Downstate Bay Ridge is located on the corner of 92nd Street and Seventh Avenue.
About SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is the borough’s only academic medical center for health education, research, and patient care, and is a 342-bed facility serving the healthcare needs of New York City, and Brooklyn’s 2.6 million residents. University Hospital of Brooklyn (UHB) is Downstate’s teaching hospital, backed by the expertise of an outstanding medical school and the research facilities of a world-class academic center. More than 800 physicians, representing 53 specialties and subspecialties—many of them ranked as tops in their fields—comprise Downstate's staff.
A regional center for cardiac care, neonatal and high-risk infant services, pediatric dialysis, and transplantation, Downstate also houses a major learning center for children with physical ailments or neurological disorders. In addition to UHB, Downstate comprises a College of Medicine, College of Nursing, School of Health Professions, a School of Graduate Studies, a School of Public Health, and a multifaceted biotechnology initiative, including the Downstate Biotechnology Incubator and BioBAT for early-stage and more mature companies, respectively. For more information, visit www.downstate.edu or follow us on Twitter at @sunydownstate.