SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Division of Renal Disease
Center for Dialysis at Parkside
Welcome to our world class kidney transplant oriented Dialysis Center for adults and children.
Patients with renal disease including acute and chronic renal failure, diabetic nephropathy and inherited kidney disease are treated in a warm, safe and comfortable, home-like environment.
Our Center for Dialysis at Parkside supports all University Hospital of Brooklyn outpatient and home dialysis programs for adult and pediatric renal programs; acute and chronic hemodialysis, acute and chronic peritoneal dialysis, continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and home dialysis and where appropriate ambulatory femoral dialysis.
- Subodh Saagi, MD, MPH, Director
- Gary Briefel, MD
- Clinton Brown, MD
- Kathlyn DeConcilio, RN, Administrator
- Barbara Delano, MD
- Anthony Joseph, MD
- Mary Mallappalil, MD
- Henry R. Paul, MD
- Fasika Tedla, MD, MSc
- SUNY Downstate Chronic Dialysis Hotline: (718) 703-5900 or 5920
- State of the art design used at the Center lends itself to team care concept; all patients can be seen from a centralized nursing station.
- 20 adult treatment stations
- 4 pediatric treatment stations in a children's area
- 4 home dialysis training stations and individual training rooms to increase home care opportunities for patients
- Personal touches for patients such as cushioned lounge chairs equipped with TV units
- Conference room equipped with a sophisticated audio-visual system
- Most private insurance and managed care plans, union plans, Child Health Plus, Medicaid managed care plans, Medicaid and Medicare are welcome
- We intend to make the necessity for dialysis as comfortable as possible while maximizing each patient's quality of life