Find A PhysicianHome  |  Library  |  myDownstate  |  Newsroom  |  A-Z Guide  |  E-mail  |  Contact Us  |  Directions

SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University

Downstate Depot – Mail Services

Web feedback welcomed. Didn't find what you needed, or a broken link? eMail us.
Mailing Services INFO
Phone: 718-270-1175
Fax: 718-270-2043
MailStop: 2000
Email: Mail Services
Location: UH B-529.
(Enter thru Downstate Depot Reception UH B-530A; opposite Medical Records.)
Hours: M-F 8:30am to 5pm, except holidays

Student Mail

Student Mailboxes (adjacent to BSB Room 1-98) are no longer in use and will be removed in upcoming renovations. Students had rarely used these student mailboxes in recent years, and instead use their DMC or personal eMail as well as other electronic means for their normal correspondence needs. 

Incoming Mail addressed to DMC students is delivered to the DMC Registrar's Office for distribution to any student addressee. Contact the Registrar's Office BSB 1-114, telephone 718-270-4451 (internal Ext. 4551) or main Mail Services for additional information or assistance.

DMC Mail Services is avaiable for guidance and assistance with your mailing needs. 

Students living in Residence Halls (811 and 825 NYA): Students living in DMC Residence Halls must use their official Residence Hall mailing address: either 811 or 825 New York Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11203-2720. Excerpt from Student Handbook and the ResLife Check-out process flyers.

Change of Address:When you are moving out of the residence halls, please change your address with the Office of Residential Life and Services, University Registrar as soon as possible. The Residence Halls will only forward first class mail for one month to previous occupants. Please provide a forwarding address by completing the below steps. Residential Life and Services only forwards first-class mail for 1 month after you checkout. After that, all first-class mail will be returned to sender. You should notify all persons with whom you do business of your address change. The steps to complete are:

  • Note on your registration card your forwarding address.
  • Complete a Registrar’s Change of Address Form.