SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Downstate Depot – Mail Services
|Web feedback welcomed. Didn't find what you needed, or a broken link? eMail us.|
(Enter thru Downstate Depot Reception UH B-530A; opposite Medical Records.)
|Hours:||M-F 8:30am to 5pm, except holidays|
Inter-Office Mail (In-House)
Quicklinks: Interoffice address formats & resources:
- DMC webDirectory by name (link) Includes only State and Research staff. "Department" may reflect the title of the State account to which a person is associated and does not always match the commonly-known department name.
- DMC webDirectory by Department (link): Provides the MSC using the commonly-known Department names.
- DMC Official USPS Incoming Mailing Address Formats (link)
Always Use Interoffice Mail Envelopes
All inter-office mail shall be enclosed in inter-office envelopes with the DMC MailStop Code (MSC) and the addressee's full name. Inter-office mail envelopes are date stamped by Mail Services unit on the day they are received by Mail Services. Two sizes of inter-office envelopes are available from Central Stores):
- Reduced costs - since the envelopes can be re-used several times.
- Saving staff time - inter-office envelopes are designed to be hand written rather than typed.
- Reduces paper refuse.
- Reduces the possibility of postage error - when standard white envelopes are used for confidential mail, a bold X must be placed in the upper right corner of the envelope. This brings attention to the Central Mail Services unit NOT to apply postage. Use of inter-office envelopes reduces the chance of wasted postage.
Addressing Your Inter-Office Mail Envelope
Mail Within Main Campus Departments: Requires only: Recipients Full Name, DMC MailStop Code (MSC)
A daily (Mon-Fri) courier picks up/ delivers all interoffice mail between DMC Main Campus Mail Services and Satellite Locations.
- Interoffice Mail TO Bay Ridge: All Bay Ridge locations use DMC Box 1273. Requires: Recipients Full Name, Department Name, and DMC MSC 1273.
- From Bayridge TO Main Campus: Requires: Recipients Full Name and DMC MSC#.
Flyers for Mass Distribution to All DMC Mailboxes
All Event Flyers and advertisements must be of high reproduction quality and provide the name and contact information for the DMC sponsoring organization. General distributions of low reproduction quality or without the DMC sponsoring organization name will not be distributed. General external flyers and advertisements, those not sponsored by a DMC department or organization, are NOT distributed.
PLAN your event flyers with sufficient advance review and distribution time - and submit to the Mail Services reception desk no less than 3 business days prior to the event.
Get it there faster!
When sending large inter-office center-wide mailings, use labels pre-sorted in campus MSC sequence. If you are utilizing computerized Department of Human Resources labels, request these labels with recipients Full Name, DepartmentName, and MSC# and specify label generation in DMC MSC sequence. Rubber band or bundle mail for each large volume campus MSC before the mailing is brought to or picked up by the Central Mail Services unit. These simple suggestions will greatly expedite your mail processing to its internal destination.