SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Downstate Depot – Mail Services
|Web feedback welcomed. Didn't find what you needed, or a broken link? eMail us.|
|Mailing Services INFO|
(Enter thru Downstate Depot Reception UH B-530A; opposite Medical Records.)
|Hours:||M-F 8:30am to 5pm, except holidays|
Daily Mail Pick-Ups
During COVID19 period, Mail Services remains open with normal daily delivery routes.
- Departments that have had vacant (CLOSED) offices have their mail being held at Mail Services until someone from that office picks it up from Mail Services (UH Rm B530D).
- If you have another nearby office that is OPEN every weekday, you can make arrangements with another office to accept your daily mail. Send eMail: MailServices@downstate.edu requesting your daily mail be temporarily delivered to that alternate location.
Downstate Mail Stop Codes (MSC) are assigned based upon a department's location (Building and Room#); MSC's are not assigned to individual persons. Once a department has an established MSC, the department retains the same MSC as the department relocates to any new Building/Rm#.
Your Downstate Official Mailing Address format. All Incoming and interoffice mail is sorted to the MSC # that the item is addressed to.
When a Department relocation occurs, the department head must:
- Notify Mail Services (eMail link) so that the associated daily mail route for that MSC is adjusted / updated.
- Update the affected Downstate webDirectory listing(s). Links to submit updates are on the web directory.
- The "search by department" webDirectory is managed by the Downstate webmaster.
When an individual person transfers to new dept, or dept relocates or changes phone#s: Important that the individual updates their webDirectory listing.
- The "search by individual" webDirectory utilizes the Human Resources "HRx" data system as its source database. Your department's administrator has access to update listings for all department staff in HRx which is then automatically reflected in the webDirectory.
- The person must notify their regular US Mail correspondents to update any mail lists or subscription to their current Mail Stop Code
Pickup & delivery service: is provided by Mail Services daily to each of the 250+ DMC departmental mail stop locations throughout all campus buildings, Monday to Friday except holidays on pre-determined mail delivery routes. Any mail services needs after the daily pick-up and delivery need to be personally brought to the Mail Services office and given to the supervisor on duty for priority processing. In each office, mail pick-up trays/ baskets need to separate the following types of mail:
- Inter-Office mail
- United States Postal Service (USPS) mail to be stamped (see OUTGOING MAIL for additional information).
- Pre-stamped USPS mail.
- any special courier service items (see Special Mail Services).
Call Mail Services at extension 1175 for assistance or consultation.