SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Division of Infectious Diseases
Jameela Yusuff, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Tel: (718) 270-6747 / 3745 • Fax: (718) 270-2298
Smoking Cessation and HIV, HIV/HCV Coinfection
Barriers to HCV treatment: Comparison of Coinfected vs. Monoinfected Patients; Smoking Cessation Interventions Among HIV Patients.
Education and Training:
- Medical School: Mt.Sinai School of Medicine
- Internal Medicine: Beth Israel Medical Center
- Infectious Diseases: Beth Israel Medical Center
- Currently enrolled in School of Public Health at SUNY DMC to finish MPH by Spring 2012
Why I enjoy working at SUNY Downstate:
I particularly enjoy the dedication, commitment and comaderie among the staff. The educational and research opportunities are plentiful and the enthusiasm of the housestaff is infectious.
450 Clarkson Avenue, MSC 1240
Brooklyn, NY 11203
- Yusuff, Jameela and Kuntz, Katharine. Treatment Initiation of First line Antiretrovirals in HIV-infected Individuals. IAS-USA, Cases on the Web, submitted July 22, 2016.
- Park, Tae Eun, Yusuff, Jameela, Sharma, Roopali. Use of aspirin and statins for the primary prevention of myocardial infarction and stroke in patients with HIV infection." International Journal of STD & AIDS (Accepted, Article number: 585448)
- Sarkar S, D’Amico R, Yusuff J, Azar E, and Perlman D.PML with Isolated Cerebellar Involvement in HIV Patients, Scandanavian Journal of Infectious Diseases January 2007 39:4, 34-350.