SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Division of Infectious Diseases
Kenneth Bromberg, MD
Adjunct Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine (Infectious Diseases)
- BS: SUNY Stonybrook
- MD: State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine
- Internship and Residency: The NY Hospital - Cornell Medical Center, Pediatrics
- Fellowship: Pediatric and Adult Infectious Diseases, Brown University Affiliated Hospitals (The Rhode Island Hospital, Miriam Hospital, Rogers Williams Hospital, The Providence VA Hospital), Providence RI
Why I enjoy working at SUNY Downstate:
It is the only academic medical center in Brooklyn. You can find anyone and anything you want to accomplish your goals. As I went to medical school at a more northern SUNY, I support the local branch of the people’s medical school to pay back for that opportunity.
- Vaccine Advocacy as Chapter 2 AAP immunization representative
- Member, NYC Childhood Immunization Coalition and DOH Vaccine Advisory Committee
- NYC HPV regional Committee
- Health Care provider attitudes as determinants of patient immunization status.
- Bromberg K, Clark-Golden M, Light H, Shah B, Marcellino L, Rivera M, Li P, Erdman D, Heath J, Bellini W. Mother and infant immunity to measles at birth and infant seroconversion at less than 12 months of age in an inner city population. J Pediatr 1994; 125:579-581.
- Rawstron S, Mehta S, Bromberg K. Evaluation of a T. pallidum-specific IgM enzyme immunoassay and T. pallidum western blot antibody detection in the diagnosis of maternal and congenital syphilis. Sex Transm Dis. 2004 Feb;31(2):123-6.
- Nolan TF, Bernstein HF, Blatter MMF, Bromberg K, Guerra FF, et al. Immunogenicity and safety of an inactivated hepatitis A vaccine administered concomitantly with diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis and haemophilus influenzae type B vaccines to children less than 2 years of age. Pediatrics. 2006 Sep;118(3):e602-9.
- Leonardi M, Bromberg K, Baxter R, Gardner JL, Klopfer S, Nicholson O, Brockley M, Trammel J, Leamy V, Williams W, Kuter B, Schodel F. Immunogenicity and Safety of MRRV and PCV-7 administered concomitantly in healthy children, Pediatrics. 2011 Dec;128(6): e1387-94
- Wu D, Bromberg K, Jodorkovsky R. Invasive Group B Streptococcal Disease in Two Pediatric Patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Case Reports in Pediatrics. 2013. Article ID 896014, 3 pages, doi:10.1155/2013/89604
- Rawstron SA, Jackman JM, Serebro E, Johnson G, Cabbad M, Bromberg K, Kondamudi,V, Sepkowitz D, Landman D. Perirectal Screening for Carbapenem-Resistant, Enterobacteriaceae Obtained From 100 Consecutive Healthy Pregnant Women in Labor, at a Brooklyn Hospital: Results and Risk Factors. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol, 2018 Mar;39(3):369-371