SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
- (212) 979-0611
- Free and open to any tenant living in New York City.
- Hours of operation:
- Monday, 1:30-8pm
- Tuesday, 5:30-8pm
- Wednesday, 1:30-8pm
- Friday, 1:30-5pm
- Homebase will help you develop a personalized plan to overcome an immediate housing crisis and achieve housing stability
- You may be eligible for Homebase services if you:
- are at imminent risk of entering the NYC shelter system
- are low income, and want to remain stably housed in your community
- Call 311 and ask for Homebase
- Open 24/7
- Rent stability program for the elderly
- Call 311 and ask for a SCRIE specialist
- Rent stability program for disabled residents
- PDF: DRIE Application Packet
- Get help with affordable housing applications.
If your work schedule was reduced as a result of the Coronavirus and you are unable to pay your rent, you can apply for a Cash Assistance special grant request to get benefits for emergencies.
- If you have an active Cash Assistance case, the fastest way to submit your request is online on ACCESS HRA.
- You can apply in person for a one-time grant at a Job Center.
- Call HRA Info line at (718) 557-1399 to learn how to apply by mail