Find A PhysicianHome  |  Library  |  myDownstate  |  Newsroom  |  A-Z Guide  |  E-mail  |  Contact Us  |  Directions

SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University

The School of Graduate Studies

Transcript and Verification Services

All other schools: Transcript and Verification Services for other SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University Schools: College of Medicine, School of Nursing, School of Health Related Professions, and the School of Public Health

For verification or transcripts for all other schools and colleges of Downstate Health Sciences University Center, use this link:  or the main registrar link at:


Transcript and Verification Services for the School of Graduate Studies only (PhDs in basic sciences, PhD portion of MD/PhD degree, MS degrees in basic sciences):

National Student Clearinghouse

SUNY Downstate has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:

Mail: National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171

Transcripts and Verifications from the School of Graduate Studies

The School of Graduate Studies provides transcripts for Ph.D. and the Ph.D. portion of M.D./Ph.D. degrees (Biomedical Engineering, Molecular & Cellular Biology, Neural & Behavioral Sciences, and the departmental degrees prior to the 2000s) and M.S. degrees in basic sciences. For transcripts and other verification, please contact: Ed Throckmorton, Registrar, School of Graduate Studies at or 718-270-2739.  There is no charge for transcripts or other verification unless a request for the mailing incurs an extraordinary charge for postage (express, overnight, etc.).

Official transcripts cannot be issued directly to students, ex-students or alumni. Please provide the name and address of the company, institution, or governmental agency that the official transcript will be delivered to.

An unofficial transcript may be requested at any time.

We can also provide the following upon request:

  • Enrollment verification
  • Letter of good standing
  • Graduation Certification (for students who have completed the degree program but degree is not yet conferred)