SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Our team of physicians is recognized for its expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of liver disease.
They provide high-level diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of diseases of the liver and biliary tract including: viral, autoimmune and metabolic liver diseases, hepatitis B and C, hepatocellular carcinoma and primary biliary cirrhosis.
We provide a wide range of care utilizing the most state-of-the-art therapies and techniques such as:
- Antiviral therapy for patients with chronic viral hepatitis
- Immunization against viral hepatitis
- Nutritional counseling
- Alcohol addiction services
- Liver resections
- Variceal obliterative therapy (sclerotherapy, banding)
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystematic shunt placement (TIPS)
- Surgical portosystemic shunts
- Evaluation for liver transplantation