SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
The enormous medical breakthrough of endoscopy allows for direct internal examination and much more accurate diagnosis and treatment of digestive and liver problems, without use of invasive surgical procedures.
Our highly trained physicians are at the forefront in the use and development of innovative treatments and leading-edge technology.
Our state-of-the-art Endoscopy Center offers a full range of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic services, including:
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Sphincter of Oddi manometry (SOD)
- Endoscopic ultrasound with fine-needle aspiration (EUS FNA)
- Colonic stents, esophageal stents, small bowel stents and other stent placement for palliative purposes.
- Small bowel enteroscopy to evaluate gastrointestinal bleeding
- Video capsule endoscopy
- EMR, BARRx and photodynamic therapy
- Routine colonoscopy screening and treatment of small tumors and polyps
- Esophageal dilation
- SpyGlass™ System which allows for greater direct visualization of the bile and pancreatic ducts and can improve results for patients
- Single balloon enteroscopy
- Advanced radiological imaging, such as MRI, MRCP, EUS, CT and PET scans, provide detailed information to increase diagnostic accuracy
- Remicade infusion therapy
- Screening for Barrett's Esophagus for those suffering from chronic reflux disease. Barrett's esophagus is a precancerous condition associated with GERD. Procedures such as EUS, EMR, photodynamic and BARRx ablation therapies effectively treat this and early esophageal disease.