SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Fellowship Program Overview
The Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship at SUNY Downstate is one of the largest and oldest training programs in the United States.
About the Program
The Fellowships is a 3-year program, with:
- 18 Months of General Gastroenterology
- 6 Months of Hepatology
- 6 Months of Elective
- 6 Months of Protected Basic or Clinical Research.
Fellows rotate through several large and prestigious teaching institutions in Brooklyn as well as smaller Community Hospitals in Staten Island and Queens, including:
- University Hospital of Brooklyn
- Kings County Hospital Center
- The Brooklyn VA
- Brookdale University Hospital
- St John's Episcopal Hospital
Each rotation offers a unique experience with respect to patient population and spectrum of disease.