SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Faculty Student Association
|Web feedback welcomed. Didn't find what you needed, or a broken link? eMail us.|
|FSA Business Office|
|FSA Service Hotline (24/7):||718-270-2900|
394 Lenox Rd
|Hours:||M-F 9am to 5pm, except holidays|
|Email:||FSA Business Office Team eMail|
Welcome to the Faculty Student Association (FSA)
The FSA Business Office will be closed on Friday, November 27th due to the Thanksgiving Weekend.The Office will be reopened at 9 am on November 30th.
The building which the FSA Office is located is closed. Thus the FSA Business Office is working with limited public access for the remainder of the year of 2020. Please eMail any urgent needs to us at:
FSA is an IRS 501c3 Not For Profit Charitable corporation organized in 1950 and exists under a contract between FSA and SUNY to provide services to this campus as a nonprofit auxiliary service corporation. The FSA has a 16 member Board of Directors consisting of Faculty, Students and Staff and its Business Office is located in the Student Center Rm 2-09
FSA operates the following services for the Downstate community:
- Gift Shop
- Student Health Insurance
- Cafe 101 Catering and Coffee Carts
- ATM Banking Machines
- Vending Machines
- Laundry Washers and Dryers
- Zipcar Services
- Accounting Services for numerous Student Organizations & Clubs, and other non-State affiliated entities that exist on the SUNY Downstate Medical Center campus
Business Office Staffing Update:
- FSA welcomes Sergio Maffettone as new FSA Treasurer.
- The role of "Controller" continues to be filled on an interim basis by the firm of Demasco Sena and Jahelka, LLP (DSJ) until a permanent Controller is engaged. The DSJ staff includes Anthony Condoleo, Christopher Sena, Bob Jahelka, and Anthony Carrella.
- Please Use the FSA Business Office Team eMail link in the INFO box above. It will auto-address an eMail to all relevant individuals on the team.
FSA is committed to environmental best practices, including: the purchase of equipment that reduce consumption of energy and water; use of healthful and sustainable indoor and outdoor materials wherever possible; proper supply chain management to ensure we are working with eco-friendly partners and vendors, and effective recycling strategies to minimize our carbon footprint.
FSA Green Initiatives:
Zipcars An Energy efficient car sharing program.
University Bookstore Purchase Travel Mugs & get a discount when buying beverages at the cafeteria. Recycled Paper sales, and Used Textbook buyback program.
Laundry Services Installed High Energy Efficient Washers and Dryers with " LaundryView" on the web.
Vending Services Installed Energy Efficient electrical misers on refrigerated machines.