SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Faculty Student Association
|Web feedback welcomed. Didn't find what you needed, or a broken link? eMail us.|
|FSA Business Office|
|FSA Service Hotline (24/7):||718-270-2900|
394 Lenox Rd
|Hours:||M-F 9am to 5pm, except holidays|
|Email:||FSA Business Office Team eMail|
Welcome to the Faculty Student Association (FSA)
The Faculty Student Association Business Office will be closing early at 3 pm. on July 3rd due to Independence Day Weekend and will be closed on Monday, July 5th. The FSA Business Office will re-open at 9 am on July 6th.
FSA staff continues working on site each workday, but the Student Center Building which the FSA Office is located is open only on a limited basis on Tuesdays through Thursdays Please eMail any urgent needs to us at: FSABusinessOffice@downstate.edu
FSA is an IRS 501c3 Not For Profit Charitable corporation organized in 1950 and exists under a contract between FSA and SUNY to provide services to this campus as a nonprofit auxiliary service corporation. The FSA has a 16 member Board of Directors consisting of Faculty, Students and Staff and its Business Office is located in the Student Center Rm 2-09
FSA operates the following services for the Downstate community:
- Gift Shop
- Student Health Insurance
- Cafe 101 Catering and Coffee Carts
- ATM Banking Machines
- Vending Machines
- Laundry Washers and Dryers
- Zipcar Services
- Accounting Services for numerous Student Organizations & Clubs, and other non-State affiliated entities that exist on the SUNY Downstate Medical Center campus
Business Office Staffing Update:
- The role of "Controller" continues to be filled on an interim basis by the firm of Demasco Sena and Jahelka, LLP (DSJ) until a permanent Controller is engaged. The DSJ staff includes Anthony Condoleo, Christopher Sena, Bob Jahelka, and Anthony Carrella.
- Please Use the FSA Business Office Team eMail link in the INFO box above. It will auto-address an eMail to all relevant individuals on the team.
FSA is committed to environmental best practices, including: the purchase of equipment that reduce consumption of energy and water; use of healthful and sustainable indoor and outdoor materials wherever possible; proper supply chain management to ensure we are working with eco-friendly partners and vendors, and effective recycling strategies to minimize our carbon footprint.
FSA Green Initiatives:
Zipcars An Energy efficient car sharing program.
University Bookstore Purchase Travel Mugs & get a discount when buying beverages at the cafeteria. Recycled Paper sales, and Used Textbook buyback program.
Laundry Services Installed High Energy Efficient Washers and Dryers with " LaundryView" on the web.
Vending Services Installed Energy Efficient electrical misers on refrigerated machines.