SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Facilities Management & Development
Welcome to the FM&D Website
Our Departmental Profile
The Facilities Management and Development Department at SUNY Downstate Medical Center is comprised of a diverse group of multitalented individuals with backgrounds ranging in Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical Design, Project Management, Code Compliance, Environmental Health and Safety, and Building Services. Our highly diverse background is a major reason why our department is uniquely qualified to handle requests for services internally. Our main office is located in the Basic Science Building room1-15.
Facilities Management & Development is responsible for the overall maintenance and operation of all SUNY Downstate Medical Center buildings and grounds which totals in excess of 2,500,000 gross square feet. The department is subdivided into four primary divisions:Physical Plant, Design and Construction, Environmental Health & Safety.
We take tremendous pride in continuously maintaining the highest standards possible in providing a safe, comfortable, and clean environment for all staff, students, patients, and faculty at the SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
Campus Construction Activity Updates
Week of 6-17-2019
- 14BX43 UHB Roof Replacement Project
Replacement of the Roof is occurring over areas of the Main Bed Tower Roof as the weather allows. The Contractor continues working from the side of UHB facing the Service Courtyard.
- 141079 Water Risk Management Survey
Survey groups will be visible in the evening hours of the 2ndfloor ICU this week. They will be examining existing piping systems in the areas.
- 141055 UHB 5thFloor New Infusion Suite
The Contractors will continue efforts this week on the 5thfloor adjacent Stairwell No. 3.
- 141000-05 UHB Emergency Power Circuit Tracing Project in Critical Care areas
The Contractor will continue efforts in the 2ndfloor areas of the Radiology department surveying power outlet locations at patient care areas for the duration of the week.
- 14A91-01 Student Admissions Office
The Contractor is continuing inside the 1stoffices of the Floor Student Admissions during normal hours. Contractor personnel maybe seen sporadically accessing this office directly through BSB 1stFloor Corridors.
- Temporary Generator work inside the UHB Courtyard
The Contractor continues to procced with efforts involving the replacement of piping in the UHB Service Courtyard.
- Excellent service to the Campus community
- Excellent stewardship of the campus environment
- Professional and effective communication
- High standards for professional and personal accountability
- Sustainable development and management of campus resources
- Develop methods for campus communications on facilities projects and deferred maintenance problems and issues.
- Enhance tools to track, measure and report on facilities management for this Campus.
- Improve the project delivery system within Design and Construction Unit and associated support services.
- Enhance the safety of the Plant Utility area, staff properly per regulations, reducing staff burnout.
- Define proper facilities staffing for an institution of this size complexity and niche service ( peer institutions and assoc.)
- Ensure staff are properly trained, have tools, equipment and operating systems to perform work efficiently and effectively to meet the mission and goals of the Campus