SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Facilities Management & Development
Environmental Health & Safety
The Environmental Health & Safety Division services include:
- Fire Alarm System - Inspection & Maintenance
- Fire Suppression System - Inspection & Maintenance
- Laboratory Safety Inspections
- Waste Disposal Management
- Hazardous Materials Abatement & Information
- Employee Education & Training
- Contractors On-board Training
- Consultation, Assistance & Enforcement of Government Codes: The Joint Commission, OSHA, etc.
The Environmental Health & Safety provides consultation, response, training / education and enforcement of all governing codes including, but not limited to, JCAHO, OSHA, NFPA ( Fire Alarm/ Fire Suppression), as well as institutional policy on Right-to-Know. Services for hazardous materials management is also provided.
Laboratory Safety Training:
All laboratory personnel are required to complete the Laboratory Safety Training annually.
1. To view the training module, please click the Lab Safety Training link below.
2. After viewing the module, users must complete the comprehension quiz using the Lab Safety Quiz link below:
Director of Environmental Health and Safety
Assistant Director, Environmental Health & Safety
Hazardous Waste Manager
Life Safety Coordinator
Fire Extinguisher Inspector
Office Fax: (718) 270-2894